icon

556sw, 07 mustang, python 990

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
07mustanggt 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2007 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
I have to use the 556sw for my r/s install. What wire should I tag with the -BLACK/ red r/s status input wire? My alarm is a python 990. I have a -WHITE/ blue wire, and -blue/white wire(uses 2 pulses) that can be used for the r/s input. Or is their a different wire?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 06, 2007 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  
The WHITE/ blue is an activation input, if this wire sees 2 negative pulses (pulse inputs are programmable between 1 and 3) it will activate the remote start. This is not a mandatory connection.
For status output (otherwise known as ground while running) use the small blue on the external relay pack or the blue/white in the H3 harness second status/rear defogger output.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2007 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so just hook up the 556sw -BLACK/ red wire to the alarms -WHITE/ blue wire. How do I adjust it to 1-3 pulses?
Do I need any output wires hooked up? I don't think I do, cause I have chips in my keys, so I probably won't do the starter kill wires either.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 07, 2007 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
07mustanggt wrote:
Ok so just hook up the 556sw -BLACK/ red wire to the alarms -WHITE/ blue wire. How do I adjust it to 1-3 pulses?
NO. The blue/white or blue would be connected to the BLACK/ red status input wire. You do not need the WHITE/ blue wire hooked up to anything. Your system comes with remotes that control starting. If you wanted to hook it up you can but I would just insulate it and not use that connection. To program the number of pulses required to activate the system take a look at the programming menu it is feature 3-8.
07mustanggt wrote:
Do I need any output wires hooked up?
Which wires are you talking about? You need most of the wires from the brain hooked up to the vehicle.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2007 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
So I connect my 556 -BLACK/ red input to the alarms -blue/white or -blue from sat relay output wires. That doesn't make sense, having an input going into a output wire?
Then I just cut the -WHITE/ blue r/s input-2 pulses wire. And cut the blue or blue/white wire (whichever I don't use.) Right?
My book says 3-8 is for using the -WHITE/ blue r/s activation wire and will activate on 2 pulses.
I don't get it. I have a WHITE/ blue wire for r/s. You are telling me to use blue/white which is output for rear defoggers, blue in the sat relay is for zone two of the alarm trigger sequence.
I am just looking for the easiest way to hook this up. It's the last wire I need to be finished with my alarm, r/s.
Reeceddogg 
Copper - Posts: 329
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
You do not need the (-)WHITE/ blue for you install. This wire is used when you are adding the remote start to an existing factory alarm or keyless entry. Connect the solid blue wire to the 556sw's -BLACK/ red input. Cut and tape any wire not used.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
The wire connection you'll make will be an output from the Python 990, and an input to the 556SW bypass.
Think of it as if you slapped a sunburnt friend on the back really hard - it would be an output from you(the Python 990) to him(the 556SW). Leave aside his reaction for this analogy.
I would recommend using the blue (-) status output from the relay satellite...there's no chance that it will ever get accidentally programmed as anything else. The blue/white (-) 2nd status/defogger will work if it's programmed right...you can use it if it's a more convenient connection.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  

so I connect my 556 -BLACK/ red input to the alarms -blue/white or -blue from sat relay output wires. That doesn't make sense, having an input going into a output wire?

okay, the output on the alarm sends a signal (-) to the BLACK/ red INPUT wire. this is because the main unit outputs a signal, the bypass 556 receives/inputs signal.

Then I just cut the -WHITE/ blue r/s input-2 pulses wire. And cut the blue or blue/white wire (whichever I don't use.) Right?

preceisely, cut that wire. the WHITE/ BLUE (pulsed) is NOT REQUIRED.

My book says 3-8 is for using the -WHITE/ blue r/s activation wire and will activate on 2 pulses.
I don't get it. I have a WHITE/ blue wire for r/s. You are telling me to use blue/white which is output for rear defoggers, blue in the sat relay is for zone two of the alarm trigger sequence.
I am just looking for the easiest way to hook this up. It's the last wire I need to be finished with my alarm, r/s.

the WHITE/ blue (pulsed) for RS activation - NOT REQUIRED, you would only use this wire if your unit did NOT come with a remote, and you wanted to incorporate it with your factory alarm system.

the OTHER WHITE/ blue is a STATUS OUt or GROUND WHEN RUNNING used to activate things such as bypass modules and read defroster.

your unit does however have 2 wires that have the same colour, which have differant purposes. Make sure u cut the wire that requires 2 pulses. and use the status out. hope this cleared eveything, cuz u seem to ask the same question, and people respond with correct info.  just read carefully; take ur time. Good luck.

07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I hooked the -BLACK/ red wire to the -blue wire. Tomorrow I am gonna connect the rest of my r/s wires finally. Still unsure whether or not to cut my Green starter wire in half for starter kill, or just attach the purple wire to it, without cutting it. Since I have chips in my keys anyways. What do you guys think. Thanks
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2007 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  
Well I just hooked up my r/s. It works when I have a key in the ignition. But when I try to set up the 556sw, ie program it with my two keys it doesn't remote start. I connected the BLACK/ red wire to the sat relays -blue wire, and have a good ground and 12v source. I have heard that the ring that goes around the ignition switch is touchy on its placement, so is their a special way to do it? Any ideas?
Just retested it, it won't r/s when the 556 coil is on or around the ignition coil, even with the key in the ignition. Once I remove the coil from near the ignition coil...with the key still in, then it remote starts.
The 556sw coil has one black wire, and one BLACK/ red wire. The 4 wires from my ignition coil(chip bypass) are grey/orange, WHITE/ green, BLACK/ and pink / YELLOW. Can I just tap into these wires somehow, since the coil isn't working right?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic