2006 corolla pats programming problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vtec inside 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
hmmmm16417 wrote:

she actually decided that she would rather not have the remote starter installed.    ......   oh well!

I really appreciate the help guys!!

thanks!!

You finished the RS installation all you needed is to hook up a 6 wire bypass and you're giving up ????

What a waste of time !!!

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
ahah agreed. just go buy her the module for xmas and get that car starting.
hmmmm16417 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  
I bought everything for her for xmas anyways. hahahaha it only took about 30 minutes to install the RS.   Not a big deal, it's her loss. hahahaha
jack of all trades, master of none!!
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
whoa 30 min? it takes me at least a good 2.5 - 3 hours to do an alarm and RS, making sure its wired up properly and clean!, did u cut corners? 2006 corolla pats programming problem - Page 2 -- posted image. ahah
hmmmm16417 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  

Nope, no corners cut.  I always use zip ties to keep all wires together and out of the way.  I only had to remove the lower portion of the steering column(three screws), and kick panel (one screw) , unplug the ignition harness, insert the T-harness, quick snap splice into the parking lights, brake pedal, lock, unlock ,power and ground, then plug the harnesses into the brain.  I didn't get as far as to install the hood pin switch.  that takes a little longer :) 

I've done installations before and I had all wire diagrams and tools for the job before I start........ pre-planning always saves me tons of time.

tedmond 
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  

i guess the T harness saved u enough time alright. I have never used one of those but looks like a time saver alright.

tedmond 
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

btw how was the install? straight forward? because my dads friend asked if i can do a favor for his daughter and install a prostart system. i kno toyotas are usaully easy, just want to make sure before i agree to anything.

Ted

hmmmm16417 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  

It wasn't bad actually.  This site saved me a lot of time by having all the wire color codes/diagrams.  Just make sure you have the correct security bypass and all should be good. 

The t-harness is a life saver!!!  There's no guessing and metering just to see if you have the right wires.  that's usually the hardest part!   and if you decide to UNinstall it, it's extremely quick and clean!

I wish they would have had those available about 8 yrs ago when I did 20 installs in one season.  geesh! 

however, it's probably a good idea to double check with a meter 2006 corolla pats programming problem - Page 2 -- posted image. 

take your time and do it right the first time!  check to make sure everything works BEFORE putting everything back together.  I know it sounds like common sense, but I've "assumed" things a couple times before and it ended up sticking me in the back later!

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic