icon

04 acura tsx, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rideiguy 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2007 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
doing a remote start on a 2004 tsx. saw the thing about the fasd wire, but dont have an xr key fo the 56uw have o use omehing se.wic hmd wod b best suited for is car. its a grey area. between years and options. im not worried about door locks, just bypass.would a 555I bo good? or a xko1 or xk05 or even a pkh34? Im thinkin/hoping a 555I, but dont know enough about my options. If Jeff @ velocity reads this, pleaase reply. Sorry I dont have anything asa far as post numbers, had to re register.
rideiguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2007 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
sorry for thr typo,keyboard batts down. tryin to figure out which module will work alone and control the immobilizer and copy the original keys code. I say this car is hard, but not impossible. some stuff Ive read says I need 2 extra modules, which I dont believe is correct if you get the right one. Has anybody done this car?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 09, 2007 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
rideiguy wrote:
saw the thing about the fasd wire, but dont have an xr key fo the 56uw have o use omehing se.wic hmd wod b best suited for is car.
What?
If you are looking for a bypass module that does not require a key, look at this one: link
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
rideiguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged  
thanks, this is what I need, just didnt know if the tsx was one of the select models from 04 it would work with. I am leaning toward this module. thanks. has anyone done this car?
m109ner 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  

I'm also trying to install a Viper 160XVL remote start on my '06 Acura TSX.

I want to integrate this remote start into my factory alarm system and use only one remote, the Viper remote.

I'm stuck trying to figure out the 5 wire relay switch (DEI 451M) that came with the alarm.  I think I have to connect between the switch actuator and the door lock/unlock switch.  The bran box also has a second unlock wire.  Not sure where this one goes to.

I also received mixed thoughts on putting diodes on wires leading to door lock/ unlock, hood release switch, and dome light.

This is where I'm stuck.  I'm still determined to install myself.  Best buy installers are butchers.  Can't trust them.

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  

m109ner wrote:
This is where I'm stuck.  I'm still determined to install myself.  Best buy installers are butchers.  Can't trust them

Man, you are SO right! I guess you've gone around the country and seen the work of EVERY best buy installer that currently works for them!

Don't generalize please, just cause you've had one bad experience doesn't mean that every one of the thousands are bad. Instead of assuming, how about you go and talk to the guys at the place you want your alarm installed? Talk to them, ask them questions, and talk to the installer that will be doing YOUR car. We're not animals you know...

Lots of diamond audio and clifford junk :P
rideiguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
I agree. I started doing these when they first came out because I couldnt afford to pay to have it done. It was easy then. Now with all the different options of bypass/interface modules, they have the advantage of data. Im sure there are the guys who just changed careers but! If you drop off your car and ask the guy how hes gonna go about bypassing stuff. hes either gonna give you an acceptable answer, or jerk you around. If he says something and you know how to do it better, than do it yourself. Plus these guys have the advantage of doing this everyday!
m109ner 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
8520 wrote:

m109ner wrote:
This is where I'm stuck.  I'm still determined to install myself.  Best buy installers are butchers.  Can't trust them

Man, you are SO right! I guess you've gone around the country and seen the work of EVERY best buy installer that currently works for them!

Don't generalize please, just cause you've had one bad experience doesn't mean that every one of the thousands are bad. Instead of assuming, how about you go and talk to the guys at the place you want your alarm installed? Talk to them, ask them questions, and talk to the installer that will be doing YOUR car. We're not animals you know...

Easy there fella.  I retract my statement about all BB installers being butchers.  I'll keep it to the ones that screwed me on my last radio and alarm installs and I'll leave it at that!

This is a fairly new car and I want to make sure it gets done right.  Do I have the option to take to a professional installer?  Absolutely.  Do I also have the option to research and assess wether or not I should install myself?  Absolutely.

Maybe my statement about BB installers was a bit harsh.  But as I mentioned, I retract that part of statement.  I'm simply looking for help on this install and the frustration with BB installers has apparently gotten the best of me.

rideiguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
ok ok, i think there is a module that will interface the alarm and bypass the immobilizer. but I think the pkh34 is good enough for the immobilizer and we can power(-) the fasd wire. as far as diodes you wouldnt need them unless you have another alarm pulsing the same wires. did your 451m come with a diagram. should be str8forward.
rideiguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
The purple wires are 87, the blue and green wires are 30, and the white and brown are 87a.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic