04 acura tsx, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
m109ner 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
rideiguy wrote:
ok ok, i think there is a module that will interface the alarm and bypass the immobilizer. but I think the pkh34 is good enough for the immobilizer and we can power(-) the fasd wire. as far as diodes you wouldnt need them unless you have another alarm pulsing the same wires. did your 451m come with a diagram. should be str8forward.
Thanks rideiguy. For the immobilizer I'm using the DEI 556UW. So I'm covered there. The DEI 451M did not come with a wiring diagram. Still need to figure out how to hook this up to the door lock/unlock. This is a five wire relay one of the 5 is a 12+ wire. This relay plugs directly into the brain box with a 3-wire plug.
I need to figure out where in the driver door to hook these up to ('06 TSX).
Thanks again
m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
rideiguy wrote:
The purple wires are 87, the blue and green wires are 30, and the white and brown are 87a.<!-- -->
rideiguy,
Sorry but I'm not sure what these numbers mean. They're actually on the back of the relay box, also. What do they stand for?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
m109er wrote:
Sorry but I'm not sure what these numbers mean. They're actually on the back of the relay box, also. What do they stand for?
These numbers directly correspond to the pin numbers on the internal relays. If you take a look at any of the wiring diagram listed in the door locks section you will see that each diagram shows the bottom of a relay and it's corresponding connector number. Just match up what is in the diagram you have with what is shown in the diagrams on this site and you will be good to go. The 451M takes care of all the pin 85 and 86 connections internally so you can just ignore them.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
Twelvoltz,
Thanks for your response. Dumb question...How can I match up my '06 TSX) lock/unlock switch to any of the ones on this link?
https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#3wp
I just need some help better understanding the basics.
Thanks
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
m109ner wrote:
Twelvoltz,
Thanks for your response. Dumb question...How can I match up my '06 TSX) lock/unlock switch to any of the ones on this link?
https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#3wp
I just need some help better understanding the basics.
Thanks
Use this one -
04 acura tsx, remote start - Page 2 -- posted image.
Lots of diamond audio and clifford junk :P
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  

On the 06 TSX lock is pink, and unlock is lt.blue. green plug left side of fusebox.

There is no need to go to the switches (or the motors) to control the locks

Use THIS diagram, but put GROUND to pins 87, instead of 12v.

m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

On the 06 TSX lock is pink, and unlock is lt.blue. green plug left side of fusebox.

There is no need to go to the switches (or the motors) to control the locks

Use THIS diagram, but put GROUND to pins 87, instead of 12v.

Thanks for the info.  So, I don't hav e to go into the door? Awesome! 

So, if I take my DEI 451M relay and wire it to the wires in the green plug, as you mention above I will be able to Arm/disarm/lock/unlock/remote start with the Viper remote?  I won't need my factory key fob for anything?

Thanks.

peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  

I just recently did my '04 TL, I used the Honda-SL2 and the CAN-SL... installed a Compustar 2wss-as .. the install was a breeze with the honda-sl2 and the can-sl...

I believe there is a unit for the TSX as well:

http://bypasskits.fortinautoradio.com/en/vehicles/2004/acura/tsx/

Lock/unlock, arm/disarm, defroster on/off, trunk, door/trunk/hood pins .. ALL via the CAN-SL2 .. you can't beat it .. no need for all that hairy relay wiring.. the CAN-SL2 just taps into the dta wire and has input/outputs for all the necessary functions.  The Honda-SL2 also programs very easily, I use this frequently for Honda/Acura installs.

The search function is your friend.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  

The info I provided was for LOCKS only.....NOT arm/disarm.

peterubers has the answer, with the CAN-SL2 bypass.

Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
By the way, you shouldn't need to use the 451M for your locks. I believe the only thing you had to go in to the door for was the factory disarm/arm, that is, if you're not using a can module.
I didn't have access to tech info til this morning. Damn directechs blocking home access :(
Lots of diamond audio and clifford junk :P
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic