icon

2003 Durango Domelight Delay/Window Mod

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bulldog277 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2003 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  
I just had a Viper 790XV installed on my 2003 Durango and have had a nightmare experience with the installation techs and have gone back 5 or 6 times to get it fixed for various issues.
The only issue I have now is the domelight delay. (Doors read open if I don't wait for the light to go off) The installer says there' s nothing i can do, but I read here that there may be other wires that i could use to trigger the doors instead of the domelight. Can anyone tell me if this is true for my vehicle, which wires i should use and how to hook it up?
I realize this is a subject that has been touched on here many times before, but I need help, because my installers are not giving me any.
Thanks
Chris
bulldog277 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2003 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  
I would like to add the window roll up feature to my Viper 790XV, but what i would like to do is have all 4 windows roll up on arming the security and have the ability to roll down only the front windows with my aux button. Is this possible perhaps by using the 529T on the rear windows and the 530T on the front? Would I be able to have seperate control that way?
Thanks,
Chris
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2003 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
you should be able to do the windows that way as far as the domelight it sounds like they got the domelight wire instead of the door triggers themselves. i got that wire as well and just turned off the bypass chirp on my alarm but i have an magnadyne m-10 in mine. i put the 530t on front and back keep in mind they just vent not roll all the way down.
bulldog277 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2003 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
Damn, i thought it rolled the windows all the way down. Are there any modules out there that will?
As far as the domelight goes, the diagram shows that all of the doors are connected to the yellow domelight wire. I don't know if there are any other wires from the doors that i might be able to use or if I could use the "DOOR AJAR" light. Does anyone know the answer to this?
Chris
Phill McCrank 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2003 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  

they are using the yellow domelight wire for door trigger, this si not the right wire. there are two (for two door models) and three for four door models.  they are above the drivers kick panel in a white plug.  im not sure off hand the colors i will have to get back to you with them.  i think the drivers door is tan and the others should be tan/black, tan/red or tan/orange.  dont quote me on that yet. if you program the error chirp off this will not fix your problem.  your main problem is after you arm your car the doors are not protected until the dome light delay turns off.  the only thing that will do is make it so you dont get the second "error" chirp after you arm it. you definatly want to tag the right wires.  as for you windows,  you will have to put two 530t modules in it. use the orange wire from your alarm brain and conect it to both moduels.  you have to diode isolate them from you starter kill relay.  if you only want the front windows to roll down:  connect the aux output from the brain to only the front window module.  the 530t will roll them down all the way.  if you press aux once they will crack if you hold it down they will go al the way down.  hope this helps if you still need the door colors let me know and i will look them up.

Phill Bowen
Lead Installer,
Master of all trades.
bulldog277 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2003 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
Wow! Great info. Thanks a million.
According to the 2002 diagram the front door is tan and all other doors are tan/red. I'll take a look and see if I can get it to work.
Gentleman 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2003 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
I encountered this same dome light problem on my 02 Dakota that I had an alarm installed on, the installer connected to the yellow dome light and I was having the same problem as you, what I did to correct it was to use the door ajar trigger wires, the tan and the tan/red and diode isolate them, but what happened then was about 30 seconds after setting the alarm the alarm would activate, I then used the relay scheme for the Windstar posted on this site. Another problem I was having was when the alarm was connected to the yellow wires my locks that should of locked when the ignition was turned on was very intermittent, they would not lock more times than they would lock, the alarm was seeing the dome light and thinking the door was still open.
Since using the method above everything has been working fine for at least 6 months.
ViperATC5 
Copper - Posts: 202
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2003 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
As far as using the dome light wire for your door trigger wire the only downside is that you get the warning chirp that a door is open, because that it was the alarm "sees". As soon as your domelight delay expires and the light goes out, the door triggers will arm, and your alarm is fully functional.
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2003 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
Omega's Au-93-4 will roll down/up 4 windows all the way with only a pulse or you could cut a loop to make them require a constant trigger. It's kinda cool to watch because it does 1 window at a time! It starts on the drivers front side then to the passanger side. i have the wiring instructions on www.alarm.floaterr.com if you want to check them out
bulldog277 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2003 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so here it is:
When I pulled the kick panel off I noticed the problem right away. The installer had connected the rear hatch (tan/black) wire ok, the passenger door (tan/red) was connected ok with a diode, but then for some reason he also hooked up the yellow domelight wire with a diode instead of the driver door (tan) wire. So i removed the yellow domelight wire and connected the tan with a diode to the alarm along with the passenger door wire and the problem seems to be solved.
Thanks everyone. I'm surprised i wasn't having more problems with the way this had been connected.
Chris.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic