01trublugt 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
jl.w7 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
okay, sorry 01trublugt,  you were right, i didnt know his amp could handle a 1 ohm load. So viperxp45, you would go positive and negative from amp to vc 1 one 1st sub, then to vc 2 on the same sub, then to vc 1 on the other sub, then to vc 2 on that sub. that will give you a 1 ohm load, taking full advantage of your amp :)

MECP Certified
(2)Infinity 3.5" 3012CF
(2)Infinity 6x9 9612I
(1)Sony CDXGT710
(2)MTX TC510 and,
A load of dynamat!
1982 Chevy Cavalier
viperxp45 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  

You 2 guys are awsome thank you.. Do you think it would be nice to add another amp.. like  1 amp for 1 speaker .. and 1 amp for the other, .i would love to get 2 -12" and 2 more amps. well that would make 3 all together.. im going to do this as soon as i get the feed back. money is no object.. i just want a bad ass competion set up .then i suppose ill get the caps for the amps too . .i have 4-alpines SPR17ls 350 watrt woofers in the doors. seperate tweeters,remote volt meter and bass controller. in a ford 150 truck 1996. I cut the back out of the truck and made provessions for the boxes.. as im a sheetmeatal worker. sounds really good but i have to enter this awsome truck and sound system soon.

Im using the alpine unit for the alpine speakers as far as watts. what you think..

jl.w7 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
I would advise you to get 2 12" DVC's, and just get one big amp and run them at 1 ohm, bcuz depending on wut subs you get, if you run an amp to each sub, you will most likely only be able to run them at 2ohms, unless you get jls. but I would go that route, i think youd be more happy, and less clutter in your trunk.
MECP Certified
(2)Infinity 3.5" 3012CF
(2)Infinity 6x9 9612I
(1)Sony CDXGT710
(2)MTX TC510 and,
A load of dynamat!
1982 Chevy Cavalier
01trublugt 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  

Well Caps are worthless, nothing more than a "slight" band aid to a bigger problem. Look into upgrading the big 3 and if needed add a second battery to the mix.

I would not drive them off of seperate amps, I would not run 2 10's and 2 12's go with one or the other. Remote volt meter really is nothing more than a gadget and will not help your system one bit.

Not sure what type of comp. you are planning on entering, not to be an ass in any way but if you need someone else to tell you how to wire your subs to get the most out of your amp, you might want to consider a bit of reading up on different types of comps., going to a few as a spectator and check out what other people are doing, and running as well.

Sound dampning comes to mind here, might want to consider looking into some as I know my 97 rattled its *** off so I can only imagine a 96 would do the same.

There is alot more involved with competeing than throwing a bunch of gear into a car and pulling up to the line. Box design, speaker selection, power levels, ect..ect..

viperxp45 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  

wow .. well i have cut the cab back portion off . extended it 38". i tiged all new metal, had the floor undercoated, put 3/4 foam insultion, from 3m put new panels made by interia plus. made a custom sound encloser of the new 38" space. this space is dedicated to speakers. i can hold close to 10 -10" the bypass box is what i have been  using . untill i decide what i can do . the truck i named Viper. total revamped. engine,trainee,Windows, custom paint. from front to rear. i have a drop dpwn DVD 20" scrren. kinda like i pump my own. alot off work . alot of time. ill send you guys pic. soon as i get the pakage done. i will look into the upgrading of the 1 large amp. crude i thought the more you have the more i would win

but i firm with the Alphasonik. line ,. im just starting out small after beeing in the comp i guess thats were i learn

Thanks I Salute you 12 volt

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic