icon

2007 dodge nitro security light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hotrodman 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  

Hi, I installed a Ultrastart 3265 2 way on an 07 Nitro yesterday, used Bypasskits.com PKU-CH2.  When remote starting the red sec. lt comes on solid for 2 to 3 sec after start up then goes off and stays off(just like it does when starting with the key), here is the problem, when I insert the key the red sec. lt comes on solid until I step on the brake, then flashes once per second until the key is turned off.  I'm pretty sure PKU-CH2 was learned correctly because it starts and runs, did I miss some wiring somewhere? Any thoughts?

Also I saw a few variations in wiring diag. between Audiovox and this sight.  Do I need 2nd Acc, and if so thru 9.1 ohm or 610 ohm, found diff. ohm values in diff. posts.  Did anyone find a better way to do locks, found vio/grn in pass. door, but couldn't get through door jam connector w/wire.

Thanks

To be old and wise, you must first be young and dumb.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  

The PKU-CH2X is the solution that Astro show, as well as bypass kits web sight, as being the BEST for this rig. I am not familier with bypass kit's product.

So I am not totally sure on the differences.

There is a pink/white on the bypass, NEEDS to be used. This is disarm factory security.

The door locks BLOW..... this is the only way.....for now!

soultinter 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
YEA, definitely use the CH2X
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  

ADS DLSL CH3 works well on these cars does door locks/transponder/second start/oem alarm controls.

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
Don't need any kind of accessory connection, no. Just ignition, and negative starter.........on Audiovox units, the low-current negative starter output works perfect with no resistor or relay......not sure about other brands though.
The thing with the security light happens when the car sees two keys at the same time. Does your Ultrastart unit offer a programming option to turn the bypass module back off after the car has remote started? If you can do that, it will fix it.
hotrodman 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2007 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  

No, it doesn't offer a program option to turn GWR off after start up.  I called Bypasskits.com tech line and they told me the vehicle is smart enough to not get confused during key take over.  Weahter thats correct or not I don't know, this is the first time I've used the phu-ch2, it only has 2 wires, constant 12v  and GWR.  I didn't hook the keysence up (8500 ohms to vio/brn) so maybe thats it ???  I wondered if the pku-ch2x or pku-ch2gx that has MUX wire output would put out keysence also during or after start up?

When customer brings it back I need to see if unplugging the bypass after R/S will help, and if not I'll try a 8500 ohms res. on MUX wire.

Any other thoughts??

Nate_Dogg 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2007 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
When you use the second key,or just insert the key after you remote start the car,it goes into the customer learn routine,since 2 coded transmitters are already learned to the vehicle.
Chrysler Tech.
Clarion dealer
Black Widow,Ungo alarms.
General electrical
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  

Use a keysense wire to shut off your bypass mod. If the keysense on the bypass you talked about is a shutdown for the bypass, then use that one.

I know you already have it installed, but you could also use the xk532 from bypasskit. This mod takes care of the locks and MUX wire and sentry key. no resistors, no extra relays, no worries about key takeover either.

hotrodman 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2007 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  

Nate_Dogg, does this learn routine go away  or will the sec. lt always blink?

Quote from Nate_Dogg:   When you use the second key,or just insert the key after you remote start the car,it goes into the customer learn routine,since 2 coded transmitters are already learned to the vehicle

mobile1, I called bypasskits.com tech line after I saw xk532 wasn't offered on the website for the 07 nitro, they said nitro is a different platform and xk532 won't work.  Have you successfully used it on the nitro?? Because I have one in stock and customer would like r/s lock/unlock to work also, just want to be 100% sure it will work before I install it. 

Quote from mobile1:   I know you already have it installed, but you could also use the xk532 from bypasskit. This mod takes care of the locks and MUX wire and sentry key. no resistors, no extra relays, no worries about key takeover either.

Thanks

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
The keysense through 8500 ohms is just to disarm the factory alarm before remote starting. If the Nitro doesn't have a factory alarm, it's not needed.
Mobile1's tip to use the keysense wire to interrupt your bypass module won't work, because the car doesn't have a traditional negative keysense wire.
I think you only have two options left:
1. Buy a timer relay, and configure it so that the bypass can only work for 5 or 10 seconds or so.
2. use the positive starter output from the Ultra, and build a latching relay setup with two relays.........so that when the starter output comes on, it latches the relay, and breaks the feed to the bypass module for the rest of the start cycle.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic