the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

remote start / stop, 99 lexus rx300

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2014 at 6:05 AM / IP Logged  
I have used the 791 bypass module before. They are slightly more expensive than the DEI 556U ( because they include Passlock & VATS bypass capability ) but work well. Just be sure you get the bypasses antenna loop properly positioned and secured on the ignition switch. If you're not in a cold area, you should have no problems.
Soldering is fun!
bobster0007 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2014 at 6:45 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I ordered the 556UW for only $13 shipped. Thats cheap... Thanks for all of your help.
bobster0007 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2014 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
Hi, I have wired in almost everything for my remote start / keyless entry in my 99 lexus RX300. Im using the compustar CS800S and the DEI 556uw bypass. Keep in mind im no professional and this is my first remote install. I did not know that this vehicle is harder to add the keyless entry because it has a door ECU in each door. It appears that for me to control the door locks, i would need to run a lock and unlock wire through each door which seems impractical and a lot of work. Im enclosing 2 images. I cut the grey wire between the LSW and lock so the factory alarm hopefully won't interfere with the locks operation. Please help me with details. I want to use the first pulse to unlock only the drivers door and the second for the others but im just not clear on exactly what to do now.
remote start / stop, 99 lexus rx300 - Page 4 -- posted image.
remote start / stop, 99 lexus rx300 - Page 4 -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2014 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
To do what you require you will need to run a relay as well from your unlock as per 5 wire to the driver door motor wires.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2014 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
I think you will be wasting your time, Directechs doesn't even give a listing for motor wires.
Actually it's quite easy to get into the doors, in fact I've done a right hand drive version which didn't even need the relay.
I simply followed the loom to the rear of the door and caught those wires (lock/unlock in the loom just before it entered the actuator.
Extending the lock pulse (comfort close) closed the windows and roof.
bobster0007 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2014 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
Im not following you. Can someone tell me how can i control the door locks when the control unit is in the doors as well as the wiring between the unit and locks?
bobster0007 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2014 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
Ive seen others post that it was easy so im sure they didnt run wires to each door to bypass the ecu. I cant see having to carry 2 remotes just tp start it and the other to unlock doors. On another note, I cant even get it started. lol... and its not throwing any codes. It flashed one time like its supposed to when i sinked the tach. It just goes through 3 series of cranking and never starts. The manual says it will flash 3 times when theres a fault. And then flash a number of times signaling the fault. It flashes 1 time like everything is fine but never starts. I guess im just lucky.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2014 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
bobster0007 wrote:
Im not following you. Can someone tell me how can i control the door locks when the control unit is in the doors as well as the wiring between the unit and locks?
If you look at your wiring diagram for the car, you'll note the driver door ecu. If you look beneath it at the next box that has the lock motor and lock/unlock, you'll notice that it's separate from the ecu and appears to be connected by wires to the driver door ecu. This in fact is what you'll see inside the door. Howie is explaining that you tap those wires (between the lock motor assembly and the driver door ecu).
bobster0007 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2014 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
catback wrote:
bobster0007 wrote:
If you look at your wiring diagram for the car, you'll note the driver door ecu. If you look beneath it at the next box that has the lock motor and lock/unlock, you'll notice that it's separate from the ecu and appears to be connected by wires to the driver door ecu. This in fact is what you'll see inside the door. Howie is explaining that you tap those wires (between the lock motor assembly and the driver door ecu).
So if i tap those wires, everything will work properly? The door ecu wont have a problem with an external pulse? This will not cause any alarm issues?
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2014 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
Done, correctly you'll be mimicking what happens electrically when you turn the key in the door. That said I make no guarantees of anyone else's work.
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic