icon

2001 Ford Excursion, Viper 5706v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hitagain 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2015 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
Im wondering if going to a pkall would be better at this point.
hitagain 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2015 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
I have 2 keys, so i m good there. When i plug the 10 wire harness to the pkfm the theft light on the dash starts flashing fast the when i insert try to se a key the theft light never stops flashing fast.
banthonyb71 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2015 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
if you are going to switch modules. hands down the most reliable and easy to install is the 556u with a key in the box.
if u cant get it to start with the key, let it alone 15 minutes, it maybe security locked.
do a module reset, hold down programming button then insert 10 pin harness. led turns on, let go of button. try program using 2 keys.
banthonyb71 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2015 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
which ways have you already tried programming, using 1 key or 2?
banthonyb71 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2015 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
kinda, let me know, what wires u have connected and what steps youve taken. ("so I'm good there") is not detailed enough for me to familiarize myself with whats going on and whats failing. walk me threw your exact program procedure.   don't give up yet man!! lol
hitagain 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2015 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
green spliced to the white green
pink to the gray orange
orange wire to the pats ign wire
Red to fused 12v
black to ground
brown to the status output of the 5706 ( dark blue)
I have done a reset on the pkfm
when i plug in the pkfm the theft light in the dash starts flashing fast.
neither key will cause the theft light to go solid and then out just stays flashing.
waited 15 minutes theft light was out tried to use a key, theft light doesn't come on, and the keys wont start the truck.
banthonyb71 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2015 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
did you wait with or without the module plugged in?
make sure d2d harness is no longer connected and confirm ignition at the security plug.
if the truck doesnt start with or without the module plugged in, wait 15 minutes, without plugged in, then try to start with key, then try to plug in the module.
If it only doesnt start with the module plugged in and youve tried reset then, unfortunately, I think the bypass is lost firmware and at this point go trade it for a 556u and a key or you can use your own 2nd key. Those pkalls can be just a tricky as a pkfm sometimes, and they only program once.
however if you can somehow manage to get the module to reset, without flashing, try programming the keys different, (as youve yet to tell me which ways youve tried and havnt. either with 1 key or 2 or both.
this is all I got, keep me updated tho and if switch modules and need help, let me know. but the 556u is super easy and probably cheaper.
hitagain 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2015 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
PKall installed programmed and remote start is working, must be an issue with the pkfm. Have a couple more things to hook up and i should be good to go that for all your help so far.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic