the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Shivas

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
I stand by my original opinion here. I doubt making a small jump in amplifier power, even 200w, will do much of anything for him. The max SPL between a 600w and 800w amplifier is barely audible. Probably ~2 db-ish. A new amplifier should be low on your priority list.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Klapping 
Copper - Posts: 146
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
so then here... another possibility... What 2 subs could i buy to go along with my usb600d amp... after you mention those, we will talk about the proper box for them... if i dont buy an amp... i will have 500 for 2 subs and a box... =D
Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
and is there any custom box building places online that you can order a special box from? ... or is there a pre-made box that would work for the subs, that sumone, will recommend?
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  

.............uhhh, just to let some of the good guys here know........as I told you yesterday in your previous identical thread, the USB600D will yield no more than 260 watts.....that's total.  Again, I direct your attention to the ONE 20-amp fuse..............

And, again, that amp is recommended for powering ONE subwoofer.

Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
well, sh*t... who do i listen to? ... a lot are saying the amp is good... and you, are saying opposite... ... ...
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
I'm using the same amp, I told you that.  Do the math, though.  If the amp will pass no more than 20 amperes, and the car voltage is 14.4 at it's best, and the amp has a 90% efficiency............then 20 X 14.4 X 90% = 260 watts maximum.  I like the amp and think it's good value, but math doesn't lie.
kfr01 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
hmm.. That must have been in another thread. Listen to Stevdart. I have no experience with the amp and was simply speaking generically regarding power.
Looks like it is time for a new amp. Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't aware that the USAc amp was that overrated. (sorry!)
That said, what I did say regarding the box construction still stands. It is at least as important as the amplifier selection, imo.
Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
so sh*t... how am i going to buy 2 subs, an amp, and a custom box? ... with 500 bucks...
kfr01 
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
Build your own box. Buy that JBL, looks like a good amp. Those Shivas are a good price. Should be around $500 for the whole thing.
Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
how big should the shiva box be? ... like dimension wise... not liters and cubic feet... like what would the length... hight... and depth be?
Page of 10

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic