icon

Autopage RS 750 - Need Lots Of Help!!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
RaveChild 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  

I have recently installed this alarm in my 1996 sunfire gt.

1.  The remote start doesn't work.  The relays in the unit click but the car doesnt event go into prestart.  I tried turning the key to on and then remote starting and still just clicks from the unit but the starter doesnt engage.

2.  Remote doorlocks dont work.  According to the installation instructions and wiring diagrams for my car, i am to hook the alarms GREEN/ blue wires to the cars lt. blue/white wires (located in either kick pannel) for the remote locks, which I did (to the wires in the drivers kick pannel), but they dont work.  BTW my car has keyless entry.

The car previously had a commandstart 2400/2500 installed in it so I just used the bypass relays (for the theftloc) that were installed with that system.  But it doesnt look right to me.  There are three realys and two resistors all wired together to bypass the theftloc.  Is this right??

RaveChild 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
Ok.  The car will remote start now, but it won't stay running.  I have tried it on rpm and voltage settings.  What could it be?
RaveChild 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
I have also got the locks working now.  Wired into the passengers kick pannel.  So now my only problem is that the car wont stay running when I remote start.  Any ideas??
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know why your paslock would need more the one relay to bypass. You didn't mention this time if it stays running with the key in it.... does it?
2vmodular 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
Most recent autopage units have a BLACK/ white "neutral safety" wire, make sure that it's grounded.
RaveChild 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
yeah the BLACK/ white wire is grounded.  I cant tell you if it starts with the key in cause the battery in my car is dead....lol
RaveChild 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
also if some one could post a diagram of how to properly bypass the theftloc.  Maybe I will be able to figure out why there are 3 relays wired together.
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
Your best bet is to use voltage checking mode, but if that does not work like you said, then program the module to timing mode. This mode only attempts to start your car one time and will leave the ignition and accessories on regardless of whether or not the car started. You need to use this mode only temporarily until you solve the Passlock problem (or as you referred to it theftlock, which by the way is what your stereo has). Anyway, I am telling you to use this timer mode, because this will guarantee that the remote starter is not the problem.
It is like floaterr said, I am not sure why they used two resisitors unless they are in parallel in order to get the proper resistence, but whatever the case may be: Your problem no doubt lies in the passlock bypass method. How did you integrate the Autopage with the already installed bypass setup of the relays and the resistors? You should have had a wire from the Commandstart that went to one of the pins on one of the relays, and you should have connected the thin Yellow wire (which is the (-) Ign 3 output) from the Autopage to this wire. That is assuming that the bypass method worked and that they used a (-) out when running wire to activate the bypass.
So what you need to do is figure out what is wrong with the bypass.
If you just want to start over, you can follow this bypass diagram here: Look at Diagram #8
Passlock I Temporary Bypass (Diagram #8)
After you T the (-) out when running wire from the Autopage (the Yellow wire mentioned above) you should put a diode on each wire with the band on the side of the Yellow wire.
Good luck and keep us posted
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
RaveChild 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  

I tried hooking up the yellow wire to the relays and nothing happened.....wouldnt even go into prestart.  So for some reason I desided to use the pink wire to the realys.  With it wired this way it turned over, but would not keep running.  I think i might just make my own passloc bypass.  Where is it that I measure the resistance for the resistor??  And what do I set my DMM to, to test this???

The old remote start did work so the bypass method must be good, right?  I just cant figure out why they used 3 relays and 2 resistors??

floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
www.alarm.floaterr.com
click on the lowest right hand picture. The instructions are there. Should be a picture of a relay and some wires.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic