icon

valet 562t cranks no start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pappasteve 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  

Well good news.  The relay to the 2nd start wire fixed the start problem.  Thank god and thanks to all you for your help. 

Now the only thing left is the the door locks don't work quite right. They will lock but not unlock.  The system is programed currently for a single pulse.  I only hooked up the blue and green wires for the door locks.  The  paper I have also states a lock motor  blue wire at the secu and a driver unlock motor GREEN / WHITE wire at the secu.  Does something have to be connected to these also?  It states the polarity is 5wi, I'm not familiar with that?  Any thoughts about how to make the locks work right?      

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  

Most Nissans are double pulse unlock - I would try that first.

The 5wi designation is for the acutal actuator wires.  Actuators have two wires that both rest at ground - to interface with them you must install one relay per wire.  You will use all five wires on each relay to make it work right.

Kevin Pierson
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  

i never knew most nissans worked with a double pulse unlock, must be that way in the u.s, cuz here in the carribean you'll find it on one or two, and that's now and again. happy new year kevin.

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  

When you only work on G35s, 350zs and other higher end Nissans it is most.  I guess that may be an inaccurate assessment in regards to the entry level vehicles and trucks. 

What does the install sheet say for door unlock?  Are you sure you got the correct wire?  Did you test the unlock wire?

Happy New Year!

Kevin Pierson
pappasteve 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  

No i didn't test the lock or unlock wires. I went by the sheet the guy at the store gave me.  The sheet states that the power lock is a yellow wire at the secu.  The power unlock wire is yellow/red at the secu.  I only used these two wires to hook up the wires from the control unit. I've been tapeing and putting some of the car back toghether the last 2 hours. 

I have to get a inline fuse for the 12v constant I ran for the relay and it will be installed and hung properly. 

I'll try the double pulse sunday morning and see what it does.  I remember reading about programing it to do it .   

I don't have a lot of time to use on trying to get the door locks to work right.  I need to get the car back sunday if at all possible.  I still have a few things to put on it to finish it up.   Still have to wire the hood pin switch and toggle switch for safety. 

pappasteve 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  

checked the door lock wires today and they are correct.  Tried too progam it for a double pulse on unlock, didn't help not only did the unlock not work the lock doesn't work that way either. 

It looks like the door locks are out of my league. I've had good luck doing fords but not much else.  Like I said it's be a long time since electricity calss. 

Finishing up zip tying everything in place and double checking all connections and functions.  Hopefully in a few hours I'll be taking it back.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
Those wires are cirrect and if my experience with UK product is correct they are low current neg. Test by closing all passenger doiors, remove key from ignition, throw the latch on the driver's door, if there is a visible contact switch hold it in or remove so it doesn't make contact, then and this isn't recommended but you will get away with it, take a 12volt incandescant bulb test light, clip to a good ground then touch to the lock wire, if that works repeat with the unlocks, do it once, driver door will unlock,  lock side again then do it twice as fast as possible, all doors should unlock.  If this doesn't work take a DMM set to 20volt DC, one end to a good ground other end to the suspect wires. They should give you 0volts. Try one end to a12volt source and the other to each wire, they should then give about 12volts+. Lock the vehicle, and place black meter probe to ground, red the suspect lock wire. If you then get 12volts+ repeat with the suspected unlock. If it gives the same results you've found the motor rather than the trigger wires and you will need a 5 wire diagramme, though I suspect  you won't and you haven't tested properly.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
you have a rocker switch on ur door controlling your doorlocks if u do you'll get the negative trigger wires leading into the door panel, or you'll get them at the switch, the voltage varies a litle though, ur looking for two wires that may read anywhere from around 2 to 12 volts at rest and go to ground when your rocker switch is depressed, both suspect wires will have the same voltace at rest, and are normally thin gauge wires, if ur unsure u can remove the driver door controls ,test at the switch to verify and they're normally the same color inside the car, at least the nissans i'm accustomed to.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
pappasteve 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  

I did check the two wires it stated on the paper I was given and they were at the secu.  Hooked up a DMM to each wire and it has 5 volts at rest and goes to zero when the drivers door lock is turned with a key .  These are the wires that I hooked the green and blue wires too.  The door would lock but it would not unlock even though I could hear the control unit relays clicking.

If the two wires I've tested at the secu are the same at the door switch won't it still lock but not unlock.  How do I figure out if it takes a double pulse or single pulse.  Even if it only unlocked the drivers door I'd be happy.   

pappasteve 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
How is the system programmed to do a double pulse only for the unlock.  I looked in the manual and it changes both wire instead on just one.  There was a different blue wire that can be used for the second pulse but it stated it was used to unlock for passengers door function.  
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic