icon

clutch bypass and nuetral safety wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rghrdr18 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2003 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 96 eclipse, 5 speed, and am trying to install a viper 550esp. however, i cannot find the neutral safety wire which should be BLACK/ white(-). also how would i do a clutch bypass on it.
Dreadlock 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2003 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
TAKE THE BLACK/ WHITE WIRE COMING FROM THE BRAIN AND GROUND IT. THEN YOU NEED TO SEE WHAT KIND OF SWITCH YOUR CLUTCH USES IF IT NEEDS 12 VOLTS OR GROUND OR NOTHING WHEN PRESSED, ALSO FOR FURTHER PROTECTION YOU CAN USE THE GRAY/BLACK WIRE(WAIT TO START FOR DIESIELS) AND SET UP A RELAY TO YOUR PARKING BRAKE.
E-BRAKE-86
+12-85
GOUND-30
WAIT TO START-87A
THIS SHOULD WORK FOR YOU, AND YOUR CAR THEN WONT START UNLESS THE E-BRAKE IS PULLED. HOPE THIS HELPS
rghrdr18 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2003 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
i was wondering, on the wiring diagram given on this website, it says there is a neeutral safety wire on the car itself. i was wondering how i could get the alarm remote start to only work when the car is in neutral.
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2003 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
listen what other people have said is not acurate. take the clutch of your car grab a light and follow it up the clip that plugs into it is the wires you need to connect to each other to bypass clutch. so cut the wires off the plug and connect them together try starting the car with out pressing the clutch and see what happens if it does not start something is wrong check connections . if you have more than one clip at clutch than test trial and error take one clip out at time and press the clutch and try to start the car if the car starts that plug that clip back in and that means the other clip controls the start so take the other clip and do what was stated above. now use the ebrake as the neutral safety so which means follow the ebrake down and find the clip on that now test to see what wire shows ground when the ebrake is up and nothing when the ebrake is down tap off of that wire and connect it to the black /white wire from the alarm so now if everything is correct your engine will start with remote start and willnot when the ebrake is down.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
Dreadlock 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2003 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
actually what i stated is accurate dj fear, though you are also correct, though some cars d not recive ground when e-brake is pulled. And some people like to respond in english not "the clip to this clip to that clip", were all trying to help here.
rdsoito 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2003 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
HEY WHEN THE CAR LURCHES AND PINS A KID IN THE MALL PARKING LOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE A WEEK PARKING BREAK AND YOU GOT TO JAIL JUST THINK OF HOW COOL THAT REMOTE STRT IS OR BETTER YET IF YOUR CAR HAS VOLTAGES ISSUES THAT CAUSE THE ALARM BRAIN TO TRY TO START.  I DID CAR AUDIO FOR 5YRS AND NEVER ONCE WAS IT EVEN EVER THOUGHT OF TO REMOTE START A STANDARD CAR.  JUST THINK BEFORE YOU JIMMY RIG THAT I WONT EVEN DO THAT TO MY OWN RIG
2vmodular 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2003 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
Yep, i've seen a handful of remote starters crank the starter when they shouldn't have. Nothing much happens with an automatic tranny car. But if a manual tranny car is in gear & is remote started, it will lurch.
clutch bypass and nuetral safety wire -- posted image.
rdsoito 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2003 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
A good rule of thumb is if a shop wont do it you should not do it.
Dreadlock 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2003 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
obviously my post was not to say this is the only way. i always left my car in neutral, and the relay hook up is just an added. and if your p-brake is strong enough like my was it should barely move. im talking an inch forwward is wht mine used to move. i checked it numerous times to see how far it would move. so once again i was simply trying to help with an easy way to have some safety precaution, not telling him how to injure small children. as for a neutral safety wire on the car BLACK/ white as the person in question asked i have never seen a neutral light or anything of that nature witch would require a wire, if there is please let me know, good luck
2vmodular 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2003 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
The big problem comes when you loan your car to a friend or mechanic. It's considered good practice by most people to leave a manual tranny car in gear and apply the emergency brake too. If you press the remote start button on the fob out of habit, it'll roll into something or someone. How far it rolls depends on various factors including:
-degree of emergency brake engagement (how hard did your 85lb girlfriend really pull up on that brake handle?)
-slope of the land (hill vs flat plane)
-rolling resistance (grass vs paved surface)
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic