Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
RocketRanger 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2003 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
My head hurts......      -Rocket
djfearny2 wrote:
listen what other people have said is not acurate. take the clutch of your car grab a light and follow it up the clip that plugs into it is the wires you need to connect to each other to bypass clutch. so cut the wires off the plug and connect them together try starting the car with out pressing the clutch and see what happens if it does not start something is wrong check connections . if you have more than one clip at clutch than test trial and error take one clip out at time and press the clutch and try to start the car if the car starts that plug that clip back in and that means the other clip controls the start so take the other clip and do what was stated above. now use the ebrake as the neutral safety so which means follow the ebrake down and find the clip on that now test to see what wire shows ground when the ebrake is up and nothing when the ebrake is down tap off of that wire and connect it to the black /white wire from the alarm so now if everything is correct your engine will start with remote start and willnot when the ebrake is down.
RocketRanger 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2003 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
The E-Brake should NOT be your only safety measure.
Remote-Start is not worth a life\injury\damage.
There are safe ways to do remote start on a manual:
-Utilize existing neutral switch used by SOME manufacturers to disengage the cruise control. (Example: 95' Mazda MX6 and 99' Mazda Protoge') Active ground. Connect to 'Wait to Start' and 'Hood Safety Input'
-Reed switches and magnets work great for sensing shift linkage position. Used many times. Works great. (Jameco.com)
Go Safe,
-Rocket
rghrdr18 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2003 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  
i am not trying to harm anyone. however, my alarm comes factory installed with a neutral safety wire. also on the wiring diagram given in this website for a 1996 eclipse it says there is a neutral safety wire that is BLACK/ white. please check to see what i mean. i also have an aftermarket "neutral safety switch" that i had bought for another car. it hooks up to your stick in your car and when installed will only allow the car to start if the car is in neutral. i was just wondering if that wire indicated on the wiring diagram was able to work, since it came from this website?
joelr7309 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2003 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
Well I tried the impossible and made a saftey switch for the shift link, you'll have to purchase some type of led or magnet microswitch, and a relay, and make a bracket to hold the switch, how it works is. lets say you make a fist with both hands and paw it together, thats neutral, when you brake it thats on gear, it works the same with the sensor or switch, its disables the remote feature when it's on gear, it takes some time but it work, read ROCKET RANGER he knows whats up, go to RADIO SHAKE or some type of electrical store, JOEL   I did this on a 93 Integra 5sp   with Viper 550esp. jumper the clutch, it should have four wires, two wires to jumper to bypass the clutch
rdsoito 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2003 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
Hey just my thought and opinion on remote start.  Im just a better to be safe then sorry type of guy.  Good luck on your install! 
jgold47 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2003 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  

I did it on my acura, and honsetly its some scarry sh*t when the car takes off on you, I always remember to 2x 3x that I am in neutral before I get out of the car, but even this morning I forgot and was slamming into a wall when I got outside....I have seen the car go in gears 1-3 before and its no joke, its bad for the starter, clutch, brakes you name it.....as for a friend or mechanic, well you have to know what button it is, its not so obvious with my setup...

Directed is supposedly coming out with a "magic" module that will tell it when you are in neutal or not on a stick (no details when I asked) I think it will be like the rest of them where you have to do the hokey pokey beofre you turn the car off or else it wont remote start....

there are several products out that are designed to go onto manual trannsy, that all use some kind of lockout!

jnxtheband 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2003 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
in my car, I have a sensor wire rigged up under the hood where the shift linkage at the transmission has to touch the sensor which therefore grounds the sensor wire allowing remote start.
ncollini 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2003 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  

joelr7309,

" I did this on a 93 Integra 5sp   with Viper 550esp. jumper the clutch, it should have four wires, two wires to jumper to bypass the clutch"

I ahve a 91 Integra with the same viper 550, I hae also launched the teg after the mechanic left it in gear....What a bad day. Anyway, would you mind emailing me how you actually did this, I am really interested. I dont trust the safety switch. It's too easy fro someont to accidently change its position...etc...

Thanks,

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic