Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
afondo 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2009 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
Hope this is a simple one...
Background info: Alarm working fine and beeping as it should do upon arm and disarm. In user options I reset factory settings via the valet switch. Since then the alarm arms and disarms in silent mode. All other functions work including door ajar indicator and siren.
I have tried several times to re-program the beep option but still no luck.
Is there some other way to select or de-selact the beeps via the remote or any other way of fixing this problem?
Thanks in advance for your help guys.
Oliver
OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2009 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  

Have you tried changing the settings of Column 2, Row 1?

This is the quiet chirps setting.

afondo 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2009 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, several times I have tried loud and quiet chirps but it makes no difference. The programing option seems to work and cycles through the different options 1, 2 or 3 beeps but with the same result!!
OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2009 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
Try clearing out all the remotes (Column 2, Row 6), and then re-program them in.
afondo 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2009 at 2:24 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, done that too!! Im sure its because of the restore factory settings sequence that I did but the factory setting is quiet beeps!
I think re-programing with the cliffnet should sort it out, unfortunatley I dont have one at the moment and am waiting for a mate to send me one.
Will just have to see what can be done unless someone knows of some other way to correct this problem. I would have thought it to be a common problem as it is definatley software related.
Thanks anyway...
Oliver
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2009 at 4:20 AM / IP Logged  

Don't bother with the Wiz, if you haven't got pm me with your email and I'll send you the user and installer programming sheets, by the way I don't think it's programming, because if it were set to quiet beeps, you'd hear them. You need to reprogramme, if that doesn't work we are looking at a unit fault and are you sure your in the Argentine, "thanks mate" is a British expression which I hate.

Bet it's set to silent arm.

afondo 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2009 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
Im sure its a fault in the units software. The unit is brand new and only installed it 2 weeks ago. Following the install it worked flawlessly. Only when I went to change a couple of the user settings when making the first change I accidently changed something I didnt want to change. Instead of re-selecting and reverting the accidentaly selected option I chose to "restore factory settings".
From that point on the alarm didnt sound upon arm/disarm. I have tried selecting high/low/off and the alarm responds with its 1,2 or 3 beeps as noted in the programing but with no actual effect to the siren output.
It is definatley not a programing issue as I have both the user and installer manuals and have repeatedly tried re-programing.
Ive got to get the cliffnet cable anyway to program the intellistart so once I have one Ill give it a whirl.
Going off topic. I never said "thanks mate" and yes, im quite sure im in Argentina!! But, you dont have to be Argentine to live in Argentina ;)
Thanks anyway... Mate
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2009 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
OK, how about Strine? I'm sure that's an Oz expression as well. One thought since the 400 was superceded about 4-5 years ago, does it have a battery back-up siren? If so the batteries have failed inside the siren and they need to be replaced or the siren itself replaced. What you're describing is a common sympton on our Clifford Cat 1  G4 alarms. Does everything but give you arm and disarm chirps.
afondo 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2009 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
No its not a cat1 and it doesnt have a battery backup siren. Besides only the concept 300 & 600 were cat1. Its a US spec alarm anyway.
Where abouts are you based? Who do you work for?
As I said, all was good until reseting the alarm so its got to be a software problem.
scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2009 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
I have seen a similar problem once before.  Even though the concept 400 was not equipped with night vision, the concept 600 was.  One time i managed to wake up the feature in the software of a concept 400.  In other words the parking lights would come on whenever the igniton was on, due to the fact that there was no light sensor and a open sensor circuit on a alarm equipped with night vision turns the lights on.  Another feature available on nightvision equipped alarms was silent night, which would mute arm disarm chirps at night, a great feature if your alarm was equipped with a light sensor.  Another way to test this theory is to see if the alarm gives you three chirps upon disarming after the alarm was triggered.  Alarms with silent night turned on would still give you that alert at night.  This feature resided in unmarked 2 * 2 in user selectable features of c600/ag4 models.  See if you can access it in the c400 menu and turn it off if it was on.  1 chirp off 2 chirps on.  No guarantees but that may be your problem, i think thats how i resolved the issue.  Give it a shot if you find no other alternatives.  As mentioned before if it is equipped with the battery backup siren disregard my post, it is probably the siren.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic