icon

clifford concept 400 no arm/disarm sound

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
afondo 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2009 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  
Having said that, and re-read what you wrote. Would a battery backup siren need to be coded if added to a c400? Should just work off the cliffnet right? Just if it needed to be programmed following installation its possible I accidently coded the alarm for a battery backup siren hence the lack of arm/disarm beeps.
Only ever fitted battery backup sirens that came with cat1 systems, so I wouldnt know if they would need programing into alarms that came without.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2009 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  

No, it would feed off the data port, weren't 300/500*/600 prewired? North West London, I do the alarm installs for a number of firms plus tracking equipment. I was going to give my normal anti Wiz rant and how I prefer manual programming till I realised you had some knowledge. You can download the software if you have trade access to Directechs.com. But after what sirocco said you might be better off with the Wiz overview, just don't use it in conjunction with an Intellistart.

* You forgot the 500, it was bettter than the 600 hundred provided you threw away the glass break. With the 600 you threw away the wireless immobiliser.

afondo 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2009 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah the 300, 500 & 600 were prewired with a data port terminal.
Im aware of the glitches in the cliffnet system but I wasnt aware you could program the IS4 without it. I need to extend the crank time, do you know a way of setting it through the valet switch?
I was based in the south east, but audio is more my focus point. thats not to say Im an alarm noob, but having been out of the UK market since 2000 I havnt installed any Cliffords in years and no I dont have access to directec. All I have is the old clifford G4 binder and a ton of SW4, IS4, sirens, sensors, etc. lookwhati'vefoundthat managedforex
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2009 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  

Yes you can, I never use the Wiz unless I need to do the following:- Change crank time, change siren sounds, quick change 4 digit valet code. if the car starts easily, you programme tach manually.

Wiz won't even let you programme tach on a G5, it screws up the other settings, you return to the car to find you've now got passive arm and lock!

Where in the South East? Huets? I was with Toad, Hyde Park and then GAP back then.

If you need to access Directechs for vehicle info, etc. pm me.

afondo 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2009 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
scirocco16v wrote:
I have seen a similar problem once before.  Even though the concept 400 was not equipped with night vision, the concept 600 was.  One time i managed to wake up the feature in the software of a concept 400.  In other words the parking lights would come on whenever the igniton was on, due to the fact that there was no light sensor and a open sensor circuit on a alarm equipped with night vision turns the lights on.  Another feature available on nightvision equipped alarms was silent night, which would mute arm disarm chirps at night, a great feature if your alarm was equipped with a light sensor.  Another way to test this theory is to see if the alarm gives you three chirps upon disarming after the alarm was triggered.  Alarms with silent night turned on would still give you that alert at night.  This feature resided in unmarked 2 * 2 in user selectable features of c600/ag4 models.  See if you can access it in the c400 menu and turn it off if it was on.  1 chirp off 2 chirps on.  No guarantees but that may be your problem, i think thats how i resolved the issue.  Give it a shot if you find no other alternatives.  As mentioned before if it is equipped with the battery backup siren disregard my post, it is probably the siren.
You sir are a STAR!!
That was my problem I enterd the 2 *2 code and the alarm gave me a single beep, exited programing mode and all back to normal!!!
I was getting real wized with this and thanks to you all is good again.
Thanks for your help, hope I can do the same for you sometime...
afondo 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2009 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:

Yes you can, I never use the Wiz unless I need to do the following:- Change crank time, change siren sounds, quick change 4 digit valet code. if the car starts easily, you programme tach manually.

Wiz won't even let you programme tach on a G5, it screws up the other settings, you return to the car to find you've now got passive arm and lock!

Where in the South East? Huets? I was with Toad, Hyde Park and then GAP back then.

If you need to access Directechs for vehicle info, etc. pm me.

Howie, thanks for your help on this one. As you say I need the wiz for programing the crank time its a golf VR6 and just needs that bit more crank to get her started.
Never worked for huets personaly but got a couple of mates who did I remember the Toad AI600 top alarm, no BS quality well thought out alarm at a good price with good profits that all went down the drain with the 606!
Worked all over the place, Incar, Ice shack, BBG the lot!
I remember the clifford G4 launch was it thorpe park or something like that? Ive honestly never been so wized on cheap wine in my life!!
Thanks for the offer on tech asistance mabey Ill pester you for a copy of the latest wiz pro if its no problem.
CHEERS MATE!!!!
scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2009 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  

What year is the vw.  Are you hooked up to tach and where did you get it.  If it is in a mk3 vr6 and possibly even the earlier mk4, before they had the individual coil packs and you grabbed the tach at the coil pack trigger wires i have seen a occasional under crank from that signal with cliffords.  It is very weak and the is4 has a hard time reading it consistently.   You should not need to adjust the crank time when using a tach wire on cliffords, that is the point of using the tach wire.  I rectified the problem by hunting down the tach wire to the instrument cluster and perfect ever since without touching crank time.  I would look into that and not go the route of tachless. Glad to help with the other problem.     

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2009 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  
scirrocco, that's a very interesting comment, I've had 1 VW Golf and a Vauxhall Astra( Euro GM which is essentially a Golf clone, especially on the Bosch ignition system) with  problems running the engines at low revs after using the coils. I had to use inductive pickups on both to eliminate the problem. About 3 years ago VAG specified less coil windings (= cheaper for them) on the coil packs, all you saw after that were queues of VWs and Audis being towed to dealers!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic