the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

decreasing the pulse duration

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aviator172 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

The following diagram is for a negative input and a negative output, do you need a negative or a positive output?

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=112480&KW=horn+honk+lock#542074

Perfect!
This link takes me directly to a way to do this.
Sorry if I missed it from other's posts.
I really appreciate all the help from everyone.
You guys really know this stuff inside and out decreasing the pulse duration - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
I think a donation is in order decreasing the pulse duration - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  
Do you need my paypal...Oh...you meant to the site...decreasing the pulse duration - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.  Yeah was wondering if there was going to be a response to the several posts about using the sirens output to a relay...Or MR. I priceless info...  Also you will get that cool symbol next to your name...!
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
aviator172 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
tommy... wrote:
Do you need my paypal...Oh...you meant to the site...decreasing the pulse duration - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.  Yeah was wondering if there was going to be a response to the several posts about using the sirens output to a relay...Or MR. I priceless info... 
Thanks Tommy,
You've been a big help.
I wiah I could compensate everyone for their time but funds are so limited these days!
I made a donation to the site but the info in the donation probably won't be identifiable to my account here on this forum. Should I pm the admin as to who the donation is from or is there no need?
thx
aviator172 
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
Hi again,
As I was reading the thread containing the relay diagram to lengthen or shorten a pulse and saw this....
Chris Luongo wrote:
I'm pretty sure the only thing you can do with off-the-shelf parts like capacitors is extend the pulse, not reduce it.
A DEI 528T, or a PAC TR-7 pulse timer would probably do what you want, at additional cost.
So, now I'm wondering if this will do what I need or not?
thx
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  

I do have to work on occasional even at my age and it would be a bloody A3, still at least it was pre 04 so you've still got voltages where you want to go not data. Bloody trunk switch is pos!

Aviator sorry if I confused you, I was trying to kill 2 birds with your relay question and this post. I've also used a 528t for speed instead of the resistor cap relay set up. It works out three times as expensive but it does the job.

aviator172 
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
I spoke with a technician at PAC this morning and he advised that the TR-7 would NOT do what I wanted to do. I believe he said minimum pulse duration would be 1 sec with the TR-7. I believe his name was Ray?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
A half of a second is an eternity.  Use the diagram I posted and maybe a 100 or a 47 microfarad capacitor.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
I did not make the diagram, I simply modified it to work with a negative input and to have a negative output.  The diagram came from this site.  It works, if it did not, you would not find it here.  https://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp#ctm
OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2009 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  

aviator172 wrote:
Hi again,
As I was reading the thread containing the relay diagram to lengthen or shorten a pulse and saw this....
Chris Luongo wrote:
I'm pretty sure the only thing you can do with off-the-shelf parts like capacitors is extend the pulse, not reduce it.
A DEI 528T, or a PAC TR-7 pulse timer would probably do what you want, at additional cost.
So, now I'm wondering if this will do what I need or not?
thx

Yes, a 528t will work, cheap and easy. I use them all the time to adjust for the output that I need, be it a shorter pulse or a longer one, upto 90 seconds.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2009 at 2:44 AM / IP Logged  
Some thoughts here. Omar's right, Mr I is right, tommy and t&t are all correct. when it comes to general install knowledge, Chris Loungo is probably tops.  Euro Cars, ask me, circuit designs, no one is better than Mr.I and if he says it wil work, believe him.  If you have a relay question, himself or KP. 3 years ago I was in the middle of nowhere doing a 3 Series Cabriolet, arming the alarm with the roof down tends to lift the roof a couple of inches even set to 0.8secs pulse. Anal customer, I tried to set up the pulsed relay, no joy, no time or facility to bench test so I threw in a home made 528t (Velleman Kits). It worked perfectly.  So go with whatever you think is right. In the UK that kit cost me £4.00, the 528t  £7.00 and the relay set -up £2.00 (x 1.5 =$)  Cost inthe labour on home made kit and relay set-up against the 528t.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic