idata bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jrat69 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2009 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
Mike M2 wrote:

You need to hardwire it. We have had so many issues with the data wire it isn't funny. Hardwire it before you try any other fixes.

Has it been recently flashed? The version out now(V2) wires differently than the old version. If you didn't need to cut the code wire to connect it you are wired for V2.

OK I hard wired it, still nothing. I rechecked all the connections, we had the code and TXCT wires crossed, fixed that done a reset, tried to program, still doesn't work.
After I do the reset, I plug the other 2 connections back in. Then press the and release the program button. The light flashes two quick flashes (hard wired) I press the program button, it turns solid red then goes off. I release the program button and insert key. It the light stays off.
How can I tell if it's version 2.0? It does not say anywhere on the box or the module. The only reference I find on iData's Webb site does not mention any different firmware versions. I only found the one guide, which does not show cutting the wires. If there is a older version of this guide what number is it? The one I downloaded is 835 dated Feb 10,2009, my module has a date of Feb 16, 2009. I would think this would be the right manual. As long as I leave the key in the ignition, it starts fine, so I know it is something with the module. Is it bad? do I need a new one, if so should I try another idata, a fortin, or a dei?
jrat69 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2009 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
OK I feel really stupid now. When I was asked which guide version I was using, I was using 835. When I looked back over all my info I realized that it said guide 415 on the box. I downloaded 415, it show that you cut the wire, actually a completely wires differently. I rewired, reset programed (instantly) and it works!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I need to spend a couple of hours cleaning up and securing all the wiring, mounting the brain adjusting the shock sensor, (it goes off when I shut the door)and then putting everything back together.
To all who replied, THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic