viper 5301 on 2006 honda el

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
airweld 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2009 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
No joy.
Made the two other red wires hot and no change. Still have blinking blue LED and 7 flash error code when attempting to remote start. Still cannot program anything.
Any other suggestions?
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2009 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
Do you get a long chirp when trying to enter programming? It could be that your brain is locked!
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2009 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
Also is your green door trigger wire connected? This wire must be "seeing" ground when attempting to access feature menus!
airweld 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2009 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
Bingo! It was the green door trigger wire. Also you have to get the blue LED to stop flashing by having the door open and hitting the unlock button in order to program features. What a great resource you guys are. I appreciate all your help.
After being on hold with DEI tech line for over an hour, I did get the same info from them, although they wouldn't give me any vehicle specific info because I had purchased my unit on the "gray market". Interesting.
Well, I hope this helps the next guy that tries to do a Viper DIY install. Thanks again!
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2009 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  

Glad to help!

smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2010 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  

I have been following this thread on the Viper 5301. I will be doing an install on my kids cars, A 2005 Ford Focus and a 1998 Chevy Cavalier, both with a Viper 5301. My question is, does the starter wire on the cars get cut with this remote starter like it does on a Viper 5701 or a Viper 571?  It would appear that no cutting of that wire is required.  I have done installs on my taurus with the 571 and just did the 5701 on my work van and those were a cut  the starter wire and connect to two other heavy wires on the viper harness.  Just looking for some clarification on that. 

Thanks for the look

dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2010 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
smokeman, for the 5301 cutting the starter wire is not necessary as there is no built in starter kill.  There is just a purple wire to splice into your factory start wire.  The 5701 has the green and purple for starter kill because of being a security system. 
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2010 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks dasbogie for clearing that question up in my puzzled mind. Should be a piece of cake. (famous last words...)
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic