icon

2006 dodge ram 1500, viper 5901

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rbeard1979 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  

Hello ALL....I am new to this forum and cannot find the answer to this question. I have ordered a Viper 5901 and a XPRESSKIT DLPKCHG2 Bypass Module. Will I need anything else to get this alarm installed. I do have the keyless entry/sentry key. I am installing the alarm with my cousin wo used to install alarms, but has been out of it for a while. I just want to make sure I am not going to need any relays, diodes, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I spoke with Best Buy and they told me this was the bypass they used, but would not help me any further. Thanks!

PS...I do plan to install the remote start and alarm!

rbeard1979 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
I was also told b Best Buy that I have to get power from the Batt. Is there not a 12V constant inside the truck? Anyone install on an 06 Ram before??
ceasar326 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
You need to get the power 12volt from battery and you will need 2 relays to power parking lights left and right.
rbeard1979 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
Does the Bypass module not control the parking lights since it controls the factory arm/disarm. I thought it might control the lights since the factory keyless is already tied into the lights?? Just curious!
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
there is much debate about getting power from the battery or from the ignition switch...i stand on the side that its ok to get power from the ignition aslong as you change the fuse in the remote start ... if the key can use a 2amp power so can my remote start, those wires in the ram i believe control relays , so getting power from the ignition switch imo is A-OK. and if you wanna use a relay and a resistor you can get negative parking lights at the switch..
ceasar326 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
Sure u can use the 12 volt power at the ignition but, it can couse problems down the road. Specially when the wire is 18gauge. And the parking lights are not controls by the bypass but if you have auto-lights then u should be ok.
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  

the idatalink module controls the parklights for lock and unlock, but not for remote start

rbeard1979 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged  
05...I guess i don't understand what you mean. I have the XPRESSKIT DLPKCHG2. So, it does control the parking lights? You said it doesn't on remote start? Don't understand what you mean by that.
ceasar326 
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
The best way would be doing the install and testing it w/out the lights hooked-up, but having 2 relays just in case.
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
DO NOT GRAB IT FROM THE SWITCH! 2A is just a bad idea. Especially when you can grab it from inside the vehicle at a 40A wire! It is at a blue 4 pin connector in the kick and it is tan/red, or pin 4. Can't miss it right above the giant cluster of wires.
For the p-lights you can grab them at the switch i believe, which is WHITE/ green wire negative trigger through a 1300 ohm resistor. It's easier than finding the left and right + wires and diode isolating them.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic