the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 Honda Civic Si Sedan Alarm/Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2010 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  

yes this is correct.

most of the installs i do, i dont do priority unlock. but this is up to you.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
e10tran 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  
It says on the wiring guide that I need ignition to for remote start, which wire should I wire ignition 2 to on a viper 5701? Here are the wires from the H3 harness on a Viper 5701:
Heavy gauge remote start, (H3)
10-pin connector
1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT
2 RED / WHITE (30A) FUSED IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY INPUT 87
3 ORANGE ACCESSORY OUTPUT
4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL WIRE)
5 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL WIRE)
6 RED (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 1 INPUT
7 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT
8 PINK/BLACK FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A key side (if required) of FLEX RELAY
9 RED / BLACK FUSED (30A) ACCESSORY/STARTER INPUT
10 N/C N/C
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 6:18 AM / IP Logged  

pink/white

e10tran 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
I'm having a hard time finding the lock/unlock (-) wires, they are suppose to be GREEN/ gray but I disconnect a large multiple pin BLUE harness and found that they gave power to the lock/unlock but there are no gray or green wire in that bundle. Can someone give me a better idea or maybe a picture. Thanks.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  

The Lock/Unlock wires can be found in a couple of places.

In the harness going thru the drivers kick panel into the door.  The harness will have to be cut open for access.

At the backside of the fuse box ( towards the firewall ) there is a 34 pin connector.  This connector has the Lock, UnLock, Arm & DisArm wires. 

Space is very limited in this area.  For a diagram of the fuse box go to the iDatalink web site and look up your car.  Open the install guide for the ADS DL with the ADS DL HA firmware.  http://www.idatalink.com/helpdesk/

Soldering is fun!
e10tran 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
Can someone show me where to get the tach wire? I cannot seem to find it by strut tower by ECM. Or can i tap into a cylinder Spark coil? Which color will I be looking for there? Thanks.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged  

The best source for the Tach wire is at any Fuel Injector.  Never did a R/S on a SI, but on the 1.8 L engine the #1 fuel injector is easiest.  There are 2 wires on each injector.  One of the wires is Yellow/Black but you want to connect to the other wire, not the Yellow/Black wire

Bottom line, look at a couple of injectors.  All of them will have 2 wires, and there will be a common color used for one of the wires on all of the injectors.  You want the other wire.  It will be a different color at each injector.

Soldering is fun!
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
i ran voltage sense at around a second and dont have a problem. 
e10tran 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks alot guys I got it to work. Everything is up and running now. I tapped it into the injector, the one with different color on every injector & it worked.
e10tran 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so I got everything working, all triggers/rs/door lock/unlock and basically everything is normal. Except when I click any feature on the remote itself, 2 seconds later it beeps back with the orange transmitter at the top blinking 5 times consecutively with a red error tone on the side of the remote. Everything seems normal except the remote, I am not sure what it is trying to say, I can't seem to find it in the manual. It's a viper 5701 2-way remote. The 1-way remote doesn't do anything but I'm assuming it isn't suppose to.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic