icon

astrostart/flex 4200 4204

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ultimateshrub 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 5:01 AM / IP Logged  
I am looking for an installation manual for an AstroStart 4200 series remote starter. The model # on the unit itself is 4200 but the 'User Guide' that I have indicates that it is a '4204'. I am installing it in a 2000 F250 Diesel and need to know how to set the dip switches. I am also trying to determine how to connect the door locks. Both the 'Lock'(pink/lt.green) and 'Unlock'(pink / YELLOW) wires have a +12 volts when the button is pressed and so I have +12 Volts connected to the '30' terminal on my relays but when the relay activates, the fuse blows immediately as if there is a dead short.
Thanks in advance.
Brad
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
that truck is a reverse polarity lock (5 wire)
that unit should have the relays for doorlock built in it connector P3
hook the 87 to positive of both lock and unlock should be the blue/white and BROWN / white
you will have to cut the lock and unlock wire
hook the 87a WHITE/ brown of the lock to the switch side of the pink/lt.green and the 30 brown wire of the lock to the motor side of the pink/lt.green
hook the 87a WHITE/ blue of the unlock to the switch side of the pink / YELLOW and the 30 blue wire of the lock to the motor side of the pink / YELLOW
check your private message
ultimateshrub 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Monty
Where do I find these wires to cut them? I have located them up under the dash above the steering column but there won't be a motor/switch side as I believe these are the feed wires coming from the fuse panel. How do I determine which is switch side and which is motor side? Do I need to access the actuator inside the door itself?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Brad
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  
Audiovox says high in the driver side dash, you might be able to also get them where they come through from the doors.
segal79_19 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
there r a couple of places to get them. i prefer to get them in the door boot always seemed easiest to me. or u can pop off the cover on top of the dash on the passenger side and get them there same colors just always seemed like more work than needed to me. no that u have tested wires to confirm they r correct cut both wires in half. the side to the switch should show ground and 12v when pressing the switch. from the astro brain u have blue/white, WHITE/ blue, and blue for unlock wires. blue/white goes to 12v,WHITE/ blue goes to switch and blue goes to truck side. follow the same for the brown(lock) side and your done.
Marks Auto Mart Sound and Accessories
2100 5th Ave. South
Fort Dodge Iowa 50501
segal79_19 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  
i beleave the 4204 denotes that it is a 2way confirming system
Marks Auto Mart Sound and Accessories
2100 5th Ave. South
Fort Dodge Iowa 50501
monty_77 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
you can get them in the passengers kick panel
easiest way is to test them after cutting the switch side will show positive when pressed.
and yes it is a 2-way
ultimateshrub 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2010 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks everyone above for all of your help. I would not have had much luck without your input......
I do have a problem though and that is that about every 5th or 6th start, the starter won't disengage. I have checked all of the connections (especially the tach wire) and they don't apprear to be loose. Any advice you guys can offer would be appreciated.
Brad
monty_77 
Posted: February 10, 2010 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
that is strange for an astrostart
try reprogramming the tach and let the vehicle run for a few minutes so it warmed up.
use the auto learn tach 1 5 6 7 up
then start vehicle
run for a min or two
then push the brake
only takes about 4 seconds
after programing move all dip switches down
maybe that will take care of that
if that does not work then
reset the rpm for a lower one
ultimateshrub 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2010 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks monty_77. I will give that a shot tonight and let you know what happens.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic