prestige aps-787n, 07 hyundai sonata

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snakeiz 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2010 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  

Hi installing a Prestige aps-787n into a 07 hyundai Sonata 2.4L

1. Is the relays necessary for the parking lights, i read you need two relays to tie both sides together why couldnt it be done with just the wires from the Hazard light switch wich already ties both sides of the cars lights?

2. Door lock and unlock Is there any needed and whats type-B as read on the diagram of car for install.

3. Starter inhibit this would be i guess same as anti-grind correct me?

4. And entry illumination is also known as domelight supervision.

So thats 5 relays i counted.

Thanks

2007 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2010 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
Top of my head the light feed through two x 1N5404 diodes will do the lights, that's how they do it for Europe. So no relays there.            Type B usually refers to low current neg switching, apart from some Nissans, never known an Oriental car to be anything else, so no relays there.
Starter inhibit = anti grind, if built in, then...no relays there.
Most better alarm/RS have built in domelight supervision, check your wiring info, also some cars bring on the dome lights when the doors are unlocked, e.g. Toyota, BMW, Honda, etc. Again check if your vehicle has this facility and if so yes you've guessed it, no relays required.
I make that probably one spend the money you saved on researching what you're trying to do. Or a good DMM.
snakeiz 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2010 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  

I seen other systems with onboard relays more money i just wanted to stay in the range of 100$ i had a viper on a old car work good but needed a bit writer to do something on it wich i dont have or wont buy one. I was going to get Avital 5103 but i seen its from dei and i dont know if i need the bit writer for it as well. Galaxy looks good on paper but many say very cheap. I was looking at ultrastart but dont find to much info on it. Any sugestions? Be for i order the week everthing i need.

2007 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2010 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  

1. Is the relays necessary for the parking lights, i read you need two relays to tie both sides together why couldnt it be done with just the wires from the Hazard light switch wich already ties both sides of the cars lights?

Usually the parking lights are hooked up on this vehicle.  The Parking light wire is active with ground, and can be found at the steering column light switch, no relay neeed. 

If you want to hook up the hazards,  there is a brown wire on the side 24 pn connector of the BCM, pin 9 (2 other connectors are located at the front of the BCM).  This is also activeated with ground, and does not need a relay.

2. Door lock and unlock Is there any needed and whats type-B as read on the diagram of car for install.

Door locks do not need a relay.   2 diodes are used for each signal;  Lock:  band side twisted together and connected to the Remote start lock.  One of the diodes is connected to the car's power lock switch signal, the other is connected to the arm signal (tests as ground when the key cylinder is turned to lock the car).   Unlock:  band side twisted together and connected to the Remote start unlock.  One of the diodes is connected to the car's position sense signal (brown wire in th same connector as the orange disarm signal), the other is connected to the disarm signal (tests as ground when the key cylinder is turned to unlock the car).  The unit should be configured for double pulse unlock.

3. Starter inhibit this would be i guess same as anti-grind correct me?

Yes, same relay used in the installation.  I generally connect both the Ground when armed and Ignition 3 together with 2 diodes (band to  remote start signals, unbanded sides twisted together to the relay orange control lead). 

Relay is need for this. Pin 85 to +12V, Pin 86 to the remote start dome control output, Pin 30 to ground, pin 87 to the dome light relay in the Driver's Kick Panel.

Lectric Guy
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2010 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry...Quick trigger finger.  Should have said:

Relay is need for this. Pin 85 to +12V, Pin 86 to the remote start dome control output, Pin 30 to ground, pin 87 to the dome light signal in the Driver's Kick Panel ( this is a Yellow/Black wire  in the red plug--Ther are 2 yellow/black wires in this plug; the other is for the power unlock switch).

Lectric Guy
snakeiz 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2010 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  

So does the system come with the diodes or i need to get it and what type of diodes on the install it manual theres 3 wires 1. RED / black neg. 2nd unlock   2. green pos lock, neg. unlock   3. red neg, lock,  pos unlock

Also doenst say where to conect the trunk in i know where on the bcm but where on this system.

2007 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2010 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  

Type B locks require a negative pulse to activate.  Green will be unlock and Red will be lock for this application.  RED / black is not used.

Diodes can be general purpos 1N4001, 1N 4003, etc.  These are generally available in Radio Shack, or online at most electronics parts suppliers.

Blue wire on the APS787 will also be called channel 3 output.  This signal activates when you press the key/trunk button for 3 seconds.  Many people find this wait annoying, and installers can hook up another channel

(i.e., ch5 blue/green to the trunk signal.  The only reason to do this is to get  a quicker response when you want to open the trunk.  Channels above ch4 are not set initially on the remotes. 

You will need to program the remotes for Ch 5,6, and 7 if you desire to use them.   Typically, channel 4 is used for defrost, but the Sonata only requires a negative pulse to activate defrost, and if you want to hook defrost up, any channel may be used.

Lectric Guy
snakeiz 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2010 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  

I dont mind the 3sec thing thats how i started my old viper alarm. On my paper that says (output dark blue (-) to channel 3 control relay). is that correct , and is there a diode need here? Or any where else that you could think off, whats the wire/color location for the defrost on the car. 

2007 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2010 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
You have the correct wire, no diode needed.
Lectric Guy
snakeiz 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2010 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks !! made me understand it much better then what iv read Thanks
2007 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic