icon

why so harsh on hifonics

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thenumber1byrd 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2010 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
i see alot of you car guys dis on hifonics alot so i was curious why....
yup back at it
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 21, 2010 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
It is mostly because of the Maxxsonic embossed bottom cover.  They purchase failed or failing US companies and try to capitalize on their quality reputation.  They use Chinese factories and the cheapest possible circuit boards and components to maximize their profit margins, 
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2010 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
It is mostly because of the Maxxsonic embossed bottom cover.  They purchase failed or failing US companies and try to capitalize on their quality reputation.  They use Chinese factories and the cheapest possible circuit boards and components to maximize their profit margins, 
Well put.
why so harsh on hifonics -- posted image.
nodiggie 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2010 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  

WOW!

I always had intentions of selling my 2610. It was a great deal at the time and heard nothing but possitive things. I have not had any issues with the amp other than it's inflated specs. I will be selling it and buying American ASAP.  haha

Any guesses what's next? why so harsh on hifonics -- posted image.

Thanks for the info guys

Still learning
Kraco
thenumber1byrd 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 4:55 AM / IP Logged  
well i cant help but 2 still like the amp because of the cool running. yeah they r over rated so i always buy bigger than i need. ive never had one of these amps fail so in my book they still r pretty good
yup back at it
i am an idiot 
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 6:49 AM / IP Logged  
Class D amplifiers do not run near as hot as the older class A/B amplifiers.
thenumber1byrd 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
lol well i dont know if i should be offended by that comment. jus cause this site shows me w 1 star doesnt mean im a rookie. i thought when i made that status bought it running cooler i didnt need 2 put class d in the sentence. class d is the standard of bass amps now. and my experiences w class d amps over the yrs is the hifonics amps running cooler than most other class d amps
yup back at it
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
thenumber1byrd wrote:
lol well i dont know if i should be offended by that comment. jus cause this site shows me w 1 star doesnt mean im a rookie. i thought when i made that status bought it running cooler i didnt need 2 put class d in the sentence. class d is the standard of bass amps now. and my experiences w class d amps over the yrs is the hifonics amps running cooler than most other class d amps
You must be using other knock off d class amps then. Or maybe you are actually running large enough wire and have enough juice on tap considering the current they actually do pull with there inflated numbers vs. what they really should.
i am an idiot 
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  

Did not mean to offend you.  I had no idea of your vast experience with amplifiers.  I just overlooked that earlier and when i read it, I thought you may have had a class A/B amp previously and just wanted you to know that the newer amps run cooler.  I have no idea if they run cooler than any other class D amplifiers. 

j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
I know for a fact that both my Kicker amps and AQ amps run cooler then the a hifonics amp. I tested one for a buddy that got much warmer and didnt put out near the power as either of the other 2 mentioned. Even in bench tests it does not preform as its "labeled" to do on output.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic