icon

2010 tundra and pkall fail

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
islandrpryde 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2010 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
I am running into a problem with the PKALL on a 2010 Tundra. It will crank all day but will not start. I know its the bypass module because as soon as i put the key close to the ignition it starts right up.
When I programmed the module I followed the directions carefully and got the 10 quick flashes confirming it was programmed. When attempted to remote start it failed. So I tried to program again and it gave me the 10 flashes once again.... which is WEIRD since it is only supposed to be programmed ONCE. after the 5th time i gave up.
I drove around that day with the module plugged in and when i got home i decided to give it another try. when i tried to program it again it wouldn't let me. It started flashing which is the indicator that it is already programmed.
Im ready to give up and just tape the spare key to the ignition.. haha.. no but seriously help!! PLEASE..
i know at this point i cannot reprogram the PKALL. If i purchase/exchange for another PKALL i want to make sure i get it right the 2nd time around.
FYI.. i am 100% sure that i have the wires correct according to the instructions provided. RX/TX pin 4 & 5. then Key sense is gray wire next to WHITE/ blk wire of 2-pin plug on left of ignition. I have it connected to a Viper 5902 D2D.
Thanks for the help..
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,669
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 19, 2010 at 2:53 AM / IP Logged  

Is the letter "G" stamped on the key somewhere?  If so, the key contains 80 bit encryption.  The only way I know of to get that vehicle working is with a Key in a box with a Halo around the Ignition switch.

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2010 at 6:03 AM / IP Logged  

I think it might work ( but have not done one yet ) with the PKALL if you flash it with the latest firmware ( at least V4.00 ) and follow this guide:   https://ifar.ca/download/2155/key-override-all_toyota_tundra_-_g_stamped_key_%282010-2011%29.rev-a.pdf

I believe the PKALL is a rebadged Fortin Key-Overide-All.  The LED is in a different location and the wire colors are a little different on the PKALL's harness but the wire positions are the same.  There is a limit to the number of times you can program the module, so you might need another.  Here is a link on how to tell if the module is already programmed and locked:  https://ifar.ca/en/support/products/55-key-override-all_programming_diagnostics.html

The Fortin Key-Overide-All is listed as working and Tedmond has confirmed a successful "G" key install in a recent post.

Soldering is fun!
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2010 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
FYI, Idatalink bypasses will now work with G stamped 80 bit keys.....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2010 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you, Mike M2!   That is great news for all us iDatalink fans and, as usual their install guides are more detailed and easy to follow...  2010 tundra and pkall fail -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2010 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  

i was just going to say the fortin piece works great, but kregs beat me to it ahah.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2010 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  

kreg357 wrote:
Thank you, Mike M2!   That is great news for all us iDatalink fans and, as usual their install guides are more detailed and easy to follow...  2010 tundra and pkall fail -- posted image.

You know it! Idata has the flat out best instructions.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
islandrpryde 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2010 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all the input everyone.. YES, there is a "G" stamped on my key.
I contacted DEI and inquired about the 80-bit system and the PKALL. They informed me that they are not compatible and recommended the CAMMAX400.
I decided to pick one up from the local shop instead of waiting to receive it from the warehouse back home. I figured it is worth it at this point cause im so frustrated with the whole thing and just want it to work already.
I am about to head out of the door right now and wire it up. I will keep you all posted.. Thanks again!
islandrpryde 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2010 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
alright here is the news....
installed the CANMAX400.... FAIL! it will not program!
Wiring was easy because when running D2D you only have to hook up 7 wires.
2x Can
2x Ignition (just wired together - input from one harness to output from other harness)
2x Rx/Tx from immobilizer
1x Tach Output
im even more frustrated than before!!
has anyone personally used a system with the "G" stamped keys that WORKS for sure?!
kreg357 
Posted: July 20, 2010 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  

Here is another 2010 Tundra post with info on a bypass that worked:  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=122433&KW=tedmond    Any questions, contact Tedmond.

Which firmware was flashed on the CanMax400? 

Did you check the PKALL to see if it was programmed / locked?  It might be worth another try at this point, using the Fortin Key-Overide-All install diagram mentioned in the earlier post.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic