icon

2007 nissan altima dlpk r/s 82

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
z_modder 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2010 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  

I installed the Bulldog Security simple (82) remote starter with a dlpk that flashed correctly as the instructions indicated. When start command is given, it turns the light on, turns the starter over, but fails to run. The dlpk remains active unless I hit the stop on the remote. The car starts using factory transpoder with no problems. I am not using the tach output to the R/S as I have used tachless mode on 4 other installs with no problem. I also don't have door lock signals, hood trigger or running status wires hooked up as it is a simple R/S. I have the pink wire from the DLPK tied into ING #1 (+) & pin 11 Black conn.. ING #2 & Start #1 are installed with isolation relays tied to ground. Under the hood, Start #2 & Neutral Safety control the relay coil (diode isolated) that energes Start 3 (pin 80) with 12v Batt (pin 46). All 34 accessory wires are diode isolated. Also when it tries to start, I see the little yellow No Key light in the dash area. I have verified wires with the factory BCM manual here.http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Altima/2007/bcs.pdf

Any clues as to what I may not have done? I did see a video on Youtube where a 2010 model had 2 brake wires installed, one for brake to start and one for brake to stop. Did not see any references to this on 3 different install manulas.

Working with Electronics since 1980.
z_modder 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2010 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
"All 34 accessory wires" should be "All 3 accessory wires". Would be heck to have to run 34 acc wires. LOL
mpe235 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 5:32 AM / IP Logged  
You say you don't have the running status hooked up. You will need the DLPK connected to the Ground when running wire from your remote start to activate it during remote start.
Nissan Master Tech.
z_modder 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 7:08 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks. I think I should add a 2nd relay coil to the r/s Ignition 2 output and ground the running status wire. This way it is only enabled while in r/s mode, is that correct?

z_modder 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  
Actually, looking at the r/s manual I should be able to use the Vats (-) signal directly. I did not use this signal previously as I assumed the dlpk took care of this function.
z_modder 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  

OK she is up and running. I used the Vats trigger on the running monitor line.Thanks for the help.

mpe235 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
Glad to see you got it working.
Nissan Master Tech.
z_modder 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  

The keyless take over proceedure is built-in some high end bypass units, any way I could wire something up so as not to have to kill it with the brake pedal and restart with the transponder? Would this be why the guy with the 2010 Altima was using two different brake wires?

mpe235 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
I think you can just push the ignition button twice.
Nissan Master Tech.
z_modder 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
I tried that and it still dies. Something about needing  the brake sense as there are 4 wires on the brake switch. If it could be as simple as getting the correct brake wire to go low, I could install a small momentary switch just for that purpose. The green wire on the brake was labled by perciisionconnections as the "brake to start" wire. He used a dlpk & a viper r/s. I beleive the blue/white wire was what I tied into at the bcm for r/s stop. If this green wire could similate stepping on the brake, would the car attempt to run the starter with the engine running?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic