icon

2001 silverado remote start/alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bjwelch76 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2011 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
Ok. I installed an autopage RS1100 in my 2001 Silverado. I also installed an expresskiy PLJX to bypass the Passlock II. I programmed the PLJX, and the Autopage. My problem is that when I try to remote start, the engine turns over and over but never starts running. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2011 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  

Any "Security" type lights on the dash during remote start? 

Is the jumper set to the B position on the PLJX?  Did you make all the necessary connections as per the Passlock2 / VATS diagram on Page 6 of the install guide ( including the Brown wire to the RS1100 BROWN / Black )?  Did it program as per the install guide?

Soldering is fun!
bjwelch76 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2011 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

I struggled pretty hard with the vague description in the xpresskit install guide. It took me a few hours to hook up those few wires. I could not find a wiring diagram for ignition/key cylinder of my truck, not even in my repair manual wiring schematics. I really need a vehicle specific guide with locations/colors/pics to double check my connections.

Jumper is already set to B. Brown is connected to BROWN / black.

kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2011 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
PLJX        Name                     Destination
Brown      GWR                AutoPage BROWN / Black    -   Ground Output While Running
Green      Keysense        Light Green @ Ignition switch ( might not be necessary )
Blue         Passlock         Yellow @ Ignition switch Passlock2 Harness
Violet       Starter1            Yellow @ Ignition switch ( Thick wire in main ignition harness )
                                               Same wire as RS1100 Starter Output
Pink         Ignition1           Pink @ Ignition switch ( Thick wire in main ignition harness )
                                               Same wire as RS1100 Ignition1 Output
Red        +12V                  Red @ Ignition switch ( Thick wire in main ignition harness )
                                                Same wire as RS1100 +12V Constant / Battery
Black    Ground Ref        ORANGE / Black @ Ignition switch Passlock2 Harness
Soldering is fun!
bjwelch76 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2011 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you so much! I'll check it all out and post my findings!

bjwelch76 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2011 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
Ok. I checked all of the connections and they are ok. When I try to autostart it now, the engine turns over for about 2 seconds, never cranks, and the autopage remote lights up and says "engine running"....even though the engine is not running.
bjwelch76 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2011 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
Also, I did reprogram the xpresskit box for kicks and giggles just to make sure on that aspect.
bjwelch76 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2011 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
Aaaaand I tried it with and without the key sense wire connected. No change in operation from that.
kreg357 
Posted: October 24, 2011 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
Not familiar with the AutoPage units.  Could it now be a Tach issue?  Are you running in Tach Mode and did you do the Tach Learn process?
Soldering is fun!
bjwelch76 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2011 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, I did the tach program. What is tach mode? And, is there a way to turn it off, if that's the problem? Or atleast to test it to see if that is it?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic