icon

clifford 50.7x vs clifford 1.3x

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rgullett83 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2011 at 3:38 AM / IP Logged  
Hi all.  I ordered a Clifford 1.3x, but received the clifford 50.7x.  I didnt really want the added alarm, but since I have it was looking for opinions, as to keep the 50.7x or get the 1.3x.  I am installing this in my wifes 05 yukon.  I also ordered an Idatalink ADSAL GM1 for the install.  So whats your thoughts?
rgullett83 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2011 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  
I guess i should also ask, can I install the 50.7x, and not install any of the alarm portion, and have no troubles, with the remote start operation?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2011 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
yes you can do that. but since you got a 50.7x just wire it all up. added security is a nice feature.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
rgullett83 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2011 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
Yah I may as well do that, the added distance and lcd remote are a plus also.
rgullett83 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2011 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
Hope to start install soon, looking at it all trying to decide what all has to be wired up.  never done an install on a vehicle this new and using a bypass module
rgullett83 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2011 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
 ok I know I am a noobie to the forum, going to begin installing wed evening after work, will anybody respond should I need to ask a question?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2011 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged  

I'll be around. I have installed Viper 5701, not used an iDataLink product yet. How much time are you planning for this install?

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
rgullett83 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2011 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
as much time as needed, would like to have it done thursday morning or early afternoon.  thanks for the reply, I was kind of just makin sure someone was seeing my posts ;)
rgullett83 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2011 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
Well the install is not going very well, I have temporarily wired it, (not soldered yet), to verify everything works.  Not much works at all.  At first, I was trying to use the idatalink with out hardwiring, that didnt work so I hard wired it, the doors lock and it arms the oem security, but it does not unlock the doors(does disarm oem security).  The remote start does not operate at all, it does not even try to activate voltage to the ignition inputs on the vehicle.  When I go thru the trouble shooting, I find that it is in manual transmission mode, and I cant get it to let me in to the programming menu to change it.  Any suggestions?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2011 at 7:18 AM / IP Logged  

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.asp

The above link is a wiring diagram GUIDE. It may not match up to your vehicle so you need to test and verify each wire you are connecting to with a DMM.  The Viper 5701 install manual, in the downloads section of this site, has a section in it as to finding the wires you need if you are not sure of how to test for Ignition, Acc, Starter wires.     

Your heavy gauge harness:  H3/2, H3/6, H3/9, and H1/2,  as well for power for the bypass, will go to the wire that tests as 12 volts constant.  H3/1 will go to Ignition 1,  H3/7 will go to Ignition 2,  H3/3 will go to the wire that test as Accessory.  Your starter wire will use H3/4 and H3/5 if you cut the starter wire, OR!! Just H3/4 if you don't want to cut the starter wire. Tape the end of H3/5 if not used.   When you have found the wires you need, take it one wire at a time, connect it, Solder it, Tape it, and move on to the next wire.

H1/5 and BLACK/ White (Neutral Safety Switch Input) to a good ground.  Make sure the toggle switch is installed and in the ON position.

Getting to the menu for changing to automatic can be a bit of a challange as you must have a door trigger connected and the H3/1 connected.  On page 60 of the Viper 5701 Install Manual is the explaination of how to access the menu system and make changes.  Menu 3, Item 1, Option 2 is the Automatic setting.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic