the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 dodge ram 1500, python 574

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
It wasn't anything personal... I just see a lot of people get on here with no previous knowledge of a car's electrical system and expect to tackle jobs way above their skill level. We are here to help you through the install. Do you have a good DMM? If not make sure to get one before you even think of going under the dash... it will help ensure the correct connections are made. Also, please tell me you do intend to install this properly, with a manual transmission sequence (not just bypassing the clutch and using it as an automatic starter).
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
seanw727 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, my Meter is a Fluke 87 (True rms). Also, i intend on using the manual transmission mode that the Python 574 offers. I have heard horror stories from those who bypass this with cars starting in gear.
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
Ok good. You are off on the right path... lol. If you run into anything and have more questions just let us know!
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
seanw727 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2012 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
Well i have almost all of it wired up. The only thing im now questioning is how to bypass the "Clutch Engagement" which is the NSS input... I dont necessarily need to bypass it but i've been reading about relays used by one of the aux wires on the python side to send a signal to my two clutch wires... Any info that can be given to me would be great. Also should i hook my NSS Wire up to the parking brake?
seanw727 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2012 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
Well after finding directeds tech tip #10000... and doing some research i have found out i will hook up H2/2 NSS input to my parking brake. However please tell me if this should work for my clutch bypass.
Below should be an image of what i intend to do. I am pretty sure my clutch is a normally open circuit and according to the tech tip this is how i should have it wired up... My main question is however can i use the pink/white h2/1 wire to be my + 12v to turn the relay on?
2004 dodge ram 1500, python 574 - Page 2 -- posted image.
seanw727 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2012 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
Actually i realized i read it wrong. I think i will need a + trigger. seeing that the pink/white is a (-)... Could i use the orange wire from H3/3 Accessory Output?
seanw727 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2012 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
Wow. I now realize what i need to do. Ignore my 2 previous posts. Tell me if this diagram is correct Please.
Basically it needs a 12v positive at all times, and then the relay opens by the h2/18 wire which sends a signal to the relay to create a connection between the two sides of my clutch switch.
2004 dodge ram 1500, python 574 - Page 2 -- posted image.
offroadzj 
Posted: January 02, 2012 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
You can use the status output, but I prefer to use the (-)200ma starter output. That way it only activates during cranking. Other than that I'm not 100% sure on that truck on whether you need to open the circuit or connect the 2 wires. Your best bet is to test your wires and see what they do when the clutch is pressed in.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
seanw727 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2012 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
Well the test procedure described in mitchell ondemand and the dodge ram FSM states this
Check switch continuity with an ohmmeter
while operating clutch pedal.
˛ Pedal Depressed - Continuity
˛ Pedal Released - No Continuity
So im assuming that it is normally in the open position (when released) and when it is depressed current is going through which would mean its normally an open circuit... Right?
seanw727 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
Well i have it all hooked up and im having one minor/major problem. When i turn the key to the on position all of my lights flash and flicker. If i unplug the unit it stops immediately. Also im using the directed 457c (bad reviews and now i know why) and it will lock my doors but will not unlock them
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic