icon

altenator problem issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2012 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
You wouldn't happen to know if SPL changed (down) after reducing voltage drops, or adding a nearby battery?
I anticipate not, but I/we might be lucky.
Of course adding a nearby battery or reducing voltage drop by increasing the cable gauge etc might increase SPL - it will certainly increase average/RMS output power, but I expect that certain combinations will reduce the (peak) SPL.
Ah - I love the car-audio scene. But that's because I'm NOT involved!
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2012 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
no i dont know because the system remained mostly unchanged since ive had it. the only thing that has changed was the switch from my red top optima to a bigger stinger battery. that switch happened after i stopped competing. i didnt notice a difference in sound after changing the battery but it did fix fix my gauge cluster from acting strange which is why i changed the battery in the first place. i will say that my old optima was a very good battery and it took a lot of abuse for about 5 years before it went bad.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic