icon

2011 mazda 3 dball problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2012 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
2011 Mazda 3 Installing a viper responder one and DBALL. When programming and you go to do the last step. hold the program button and remote start the DBALL actually clicks and doesnt start the car. The car will not start without the key in the ignition. I have double checked all of the connections and they are all right on. I just noticed in the manual for the DBALL that I need to turn on RFTD output on, but how because I have a single button remote. Any help on where to start to fix this issue.. Thanks..
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2012 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
Follow the Dball feature programming instructions and the one button remote will change (toggle between) the options each time its pressed. IE feature 1 is No RF Output(Default option) which is option 1 and the leds on the DBALL will flash Green x1(Feature) and Red x1(Option). So Changing Feature 1 to option 2 will Flash Green Led x1(Feature) and Red Led x2(Option).
lucasoil4u 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2012 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  
Any idea why it clicks when trying to start?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2012 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
Relays click when energized even the viper internal ones.
lucasoil4u 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2012 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
well i understand that. It will click once when the key is in the ignition. but when i try to remote start it clicks 8-10 times and the security light flashes. I am gonna re flash it tomorrow i think and see what happens.
lucasoil4u 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2012 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
It said it needs RFTD on so im gonna flash it like that. I have no way to change it with the one button remote.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2012 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
lucasoil4u wrote:
It said it needs RFTD on so im gonna flash it like that. I have no way to change it with the one button remote.
It can be programmed with the One button remote as you only need to enter the features programming mode and then press the button on the remote one time and then exit..Each time you press the button it will change the setting, if it is off and you press the button it will change to on, if you hit it again it will go back to off.
Feature Programming Programming
To enter feature programming routine
Turn the ignition ON, then OFF.
Within 5 seconds, press and HOLD the programming button until the LED turns ON orange (after 3 seconds). Release the
Programming button.
The LED will flash green once slowly to indicate the feature number is 1. After a short delay, the LED flashes red rapidly to indicate
the current option of feature 1 (i.e. 1x green followed by 1x red indicates feature 1 is set to option 1). The flashing sequence will
repeat until a new command is entered.
Changing feature options
Press the lock/arm or unlock/disarm (or in you case the only button you have) button on aftermarket transmitter to change the option of the selected feature.
The LED flashes red rapidly the number of times equal to the current option number. After a short delay, the LED flashes green
slowly the number of times to indicate the current feature.
--
The flashing sequence will repeat until a new command is entered
lucasoil4u 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2012 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
When you enter programming mode it trys to remote start the car when you press the one button on the remote, it doesnt change anything.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2012 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
Then disconnect the remote start GWR Blue/White (-) Status.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2012 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
When you try to programm the dball and it remote starts does it exit the programming mode?
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic