icon

advancedkeys problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wyseone 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2012 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
Odd, I was testing with a diode on the vipers GWR wire (in the end nothing changed, removed the diode) went to remote start and it appears I lost my Tach and had to switch to voltage tach mode to remote start the car.
When I try to learn the tach now the Viper is not programming (control center LED never lights solid during learning). Tested the wires and out from the DBALL I am getting around 6 volts at idle however the Viper input is only seeing .20 to .40 at idle.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2012 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
That's very odd. Is there anything inline (diode, etc) on the tach wire from the DBALL to the Viper. I would try hardwiring the tach since almost every DBALL I've done provided a very poor tach signal.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
wyseone 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2012 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
Nope nothing in between, only thing I did was move the brain around a bit and messed with the Diode on the GWR input just for testing.
I did reseat the connectors to see if that resolves the issue but no luck. I have had no previous Tach issues since the original install and the AK brain is also connected to the DBALL for tach and it is getting the signal.
I will have to check the tach wire between the Viper and DBALL but it is getting something, just not what the voltage should be at.
Did you see my previous message about the keysense? Why would it be needed when the vehicle is running, what benefit would it be to have it connected over leaving it disconnected from the vehicle key switch my my current AK install?
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2012 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
Most vehicles wouldn't matter (other than dome light functioning with keysense) but I would still connect it to be safe. Just wire up the relay like they show.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
wyseone 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2012 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
Seems like the factory domelights are working as they should with the keysense severed, must be getting it from the ignition status. I think the keysense in my RDX is just for the key warning from what I am seeing.
offroadzj 
Posted: November 30, 2012 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
I just finished up my advanced keys install on my 04 STi last night. I can't remember if we covered this, but the AK has an ignition lock setting that you may need to turn off. Pull the fuse of the AK unit and then hold the brake in while re-inserting the fuse. The horn should honk twice if the ignition locks are disabled or once if they are enabled. Maybe give that a try? I had no issues with wiring my keysense exactly as they show in the install manual...
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
wyseone 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2012 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
You got the complete kit with passive entry right?
I got just the push button module, I am sure Brian would have told me about that feature if it applied to just the push button module as well. No mention of it in the manual either but I did see it in the complete kit manual. I can try, it won't hurt. I will let you know tomorrow evening if it does work.
I am glad it works fine for you. It just doesn't like my RDX for some reason.
What bypass and alarm/rs combo are you running?
wyseone 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2012 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
Another odd thing I have noticed is sometimes when the module is enabled if I step on the brake the button doesn't flash and remains solid. If I unlock the doors or lock them or I think if I open and close the door as well then the module will start to flash when I step on the brake.
I haven't messaged Brian from AK again for support, it seems my emails are being ignored, I haven't received a response for a week now and left a few emails.
offroadzj 
Posted: December 01, 2012 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
I have the full AK kit and the Compustar CM6000 Alarm / Remote start combo. What are you using to activate the start enable if you aren't using the keyless entry module? The ignition locks is a part of the keyless entry module.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
wyseone 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2012 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
I am using one of the - aux outputs of the viper set to output when disarmed (latched and linked to disarm).
When I disarm the output is active, when I arm the output is not active. Same way I connected to my headrest DVD players only I also used a relay to convert switch the - to a + output.
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic