icon

advancedkeys problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wyseone 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2012 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
I also have the PKE from DEI which auto unlocks when I am within range and locks when I am out of range. That was part of the original install which I mentioned previously in the thread.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2012 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
Ahhh gotcha. I'm at a loss for what is causing the locking issues. Any luck with the relay?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
wyseone 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2012 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
No garage and was planning to tackle it today, we finally have a day that is over 2C but its raining, Argh.
I have all the wiring loomed and taped and have to be outside the car with the door open to get underneath.
I know what is causing the locking. Its overtime the darn AK sends out the - output and stops sending the output to enable and disable the bypass. I was thinking if the diodes don't work to try another - aux output of the viper to enable through bypass on disarm and disable it on arm like I have the DVD's connected. That way they bypass doesn't get enabled and disabled depending on the AK button status.
wyseone 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2012 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
Tried to diodes, same thing happens.
Tried the aux out from Viper to enable the bypass on disarm and it messes with the lock as well, so now when I disarm the Viper the locks unlock and then lock once the aux output kicks in. I would have to unlock again to get in the car.
Just like I determined already, when the DBALL receives a ground on the status input it locks the doors, and when it looses the ground it unlocks the doors. No way around it except to leave it how it was and set the Viper to ign controlled locking set to unlock.
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2012 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
Or change out to a different bypass module... but you could run into the same thing.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
wyseone 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2012 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
True. Haven't tried the relay yet, that may do it and will try it in the next few days.
offroadzj 
Posted: December 03, 2012 at 5:56 AM / IP Logged  
From the sounds of it, the DBALL is set to lock after shutdown and must use the GWR wire to control it.. one would think this would be a programmable option, but from what I can tell it's not. If you decide to give another bypass a try, try the idatalink bypass.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
wyseone 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2012 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
I tried the Fortin EVO-ALL prior to the DB-ALL and that just was not happening with my hood. Didn't matter what I tried it was always detecting my hood as being closed, I could have ran the hood pin switch but that should have been taken care of by the EVO-ALL, they DB-ALL had no issues.
Maybe next summer I will redo with an idatalink but I am done with this install for now and will use it the way it is. I will just let it do what it is doing, at least I can still use it.
I tried mimicking what the relay would do and it doesn't resolve anything except the key warning, in the end no different than just leaving the keysense wire disconnected.
I think in the end I will sell the AK seeing how emails are going unanswered and go with one of the other push button solutions. I have never had to use any support in the past with practically anything I have installed or owned. AK was prompt and excellent at answering question emails post sale and was above average on after sale support in the beginning and then emails would take 2-3 days for a response and just went down from there to the point of being ignored completely.
offroadzj 
Posted: December 03, 2012 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  
That's very odd about the emails. Every single one of my emails to the email on their site has been responded to within a day... 2 at most. I've only had my AK system a few days but I am absolutely loving it so far. It is doing absolutely everything it says it should and is working great. The install instructions I received with mine were very detailed and once I got into it, I had no need for any support... but I had many many questions before getting the unit and a couple prior to installation and they were great with contacting me back quickly.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
wyseone 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2012 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  

I am glad yours is working exactly as it should. Unfortunately I have had my share of questions and issues and they were prompt and I was impressed with their customer service especially in the begining after that they start getting slower to respond until you are just emailing them for nothing so for me it went from the best customer service I have ever experienced to the worst. Started at 10 stars and gradually went down to a big 0. I bet if I emailed them under a different email address today requesting product info I would get a prompt reply.

These are the issues and some appear to be resolvable (is that even a word?)

1. The locking I think it is just the nature of the beast when paired with the DBALL and even then it could be vehicle (firmware specific) so I can't blame the AK for that. I have the Viper set to Unlock with ignition so atleast my door unlocks when I shut the car off.

2. Stepping on the brake is not always detected by the AK, it is very intermittent. When the brake isn't detected by the AK unlocking/locking the doors or even closing/opening the doors then stepping on the brake again seems to activate the AK. This could also be related to the DBALL since that is where I am getting the signal from. I am certain direct to the brake switch would resolve this.

3. Keysense wire looks like it can just be removed from the stock wiring, at least in my vehicle, everything seems to function correctly this way and no need to connect to the AK either (it does say optional in the install guide)

The Viper is also on this wire and when testing the brake with the Viper it always knows when I am on the brake or off.

Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic