adding a switch to aftermarket door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2014 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
This is what I'm describing
adding a switch to aftermarket door locks - Page 5 -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2014 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
Catback, you're wrong, yes 86 and 87 on all relays are fused 12V+ constant BUT the centre tap marked red on your picture should go to ground.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2014 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
Indeed, it should actually per the diagram if you scrutinize closely it should be connected to something.
There fixed
efx26 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2014 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, so this is what I changed from your input...now one question. The alarm blue output is the first one to trigger when the alarm is turned off and the car unlocked. Am I right or am I not seeing this, but if I swap the Blue from the alarm with the Blue/white which is the second trigger, won't the passenger door unlock first, then on the second press the driver door? That's the only thing I think I see from doing that which is the opposite of what you want unless I'm thinking about it wrong. adding a switch to aftermarket door locks - Page 5 -- posted image.
efx26 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2014 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
Oh and I just missed that red wired 12 v to ground? I just measured that and I have 12 volts on that all the time, so why would I want to ground a live 12 volt wire? That one really don't get.
efx26 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2014 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
The wire I'm talking about is the one in between the Lock and Unlock connector coming from the alarm. I agree if you look at the picture, taking that 86 red wire off basically cuts the power to the coils.
On another note, they really need to get rid of the 50 posts before you can edit...now I have to go back and read the whole thread to fix all the typos. Oh wait, I can't even go back and fix any of that...ahhh...
efx26 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2014 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
Okay I just saw my mistake on the third relay...87 has to be powered or nothing will happen when the relay is triggered.
efx26 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2014 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
Well I just saw my other mistake on the third relay. I didn't noticed where 87a and 30 where connected. That is important to note, so I'll swap those two wires and then the circuit will work correctly. That's my mistake, but I wanted to point it out because it is important which side gets where.
87a goes to the passenger side
30 goes to the driver side
efx26 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2014 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, I swapped the two wires from 87A and 30. Do let me know if I'm still missing anything. If not, where should the switch be plugged?
FYI, for those that haven't read the whole thread, I'm only using these colors because that's what my sockets have.
efx26 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2014 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
Okay I think this is will work...also, would it be alright to use an acc for the fused 12 volts on 87? I only want that switch to work when the car is on.
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic