icon

1997 Honda Ballade Sedan Immobilizer Bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2015 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
If the module is faulty, you can replace it quite cheaply with a lock relay from SPAL.*
Once you've established power, ground and motors the trigger wires will alternatively go to ground when door is either locked or unlocked.
*Twin relay with shutdown after 3 seconds.
chassis 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2015 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
WHITE/ green I have checked,but was not sure if it was the proper wire.yes it had 12v on it and the black is just next to it which I tested as ground.those 2 wires seem fine,I've also feed some current to the motors momentarily and it moved.so it could either be a broken wire or module itself?
Do it once,do it right - This means no short cuts. You never get paid twice for having to do the job twice because it wasn't done right the first time.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2015 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
Broken wire in the door return or more likely the module itself.
The other thick wires, disconnect at plug and loop WHITE/ red to POS (WHITE/ green), other thick to ground. With passenger door unlocked, this should lock it. Then reverse the connections to unlock it.
If the above works then it's the module, cheapest replacement, find a firm in S.A. importing either Spal or MES lock and window products (Google) and order a relay.
Don't buy cheap Chinese junk as advertised on Fleabay, about 30% failure rate.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2015 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
Will all doors lock or only pass side?
Do it once,do it right - This means no short cuts. You never get paid twice for having to do the job twice because it wasn't done right the first time.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2015 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
Only passenger side on Euro Spec. see if the motor wires go to the rear of the driver's door. I believe there's only a switch (off key hole and lock rod).
Up to 2000 model we had to add an actuator in the driver's door.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2015 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  
Yes motor wires go to driver rear.when you talk about add actuator in driver door.I see on some vehicles you have to add an actuator in drivers door.I normaly do it when I can't find the c/locking trigger wires.what is the main reason puting an actuator in driver door?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2015 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
When there isn't one already! BTW have a physical look it seems you already have one if the motor wires go to the rear. Check.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2015 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you!I will have a look tomorrow morning and will let you know.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2015 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
Just test as I told you, that will give you the answers.
AFAIK Japanese build Civics for all regions bar North America didn't have an actuator in the driver's door pre- 2000.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2015 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
Just thought of something, did the remote lock/unlock the car as well? If so there WILL be an actuator in the driver's door.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic