the12volt.com spacer
icon

09 Altima Remote start/alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2015 at 6:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Check the last few pages of the install guide, there might be SOME DB-ALL 2 programming mods, or hardwire the lights.
I can't see any way around carrying the fob, that makes two of us!
lee buxbaum 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2015 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee buxbaum
I have to check and see if there is a starter or shutdown feature incorporated into the dball. If so, i will just leave a key fob in the car somewhere to act as a workaround. Since the alarm will always be on even when the car is running. I could always use the siren or horn output to trigger a latching relay to interrupt the clock or data wires from the key port connector,(or the neutral safety wire) so if someone breaks into the car, the car will not remain running. If there is no starter incorporated in the dball, i will use a relay to only power up the factory fob when the ground-when-armed wire is off and the ground from the seat belt connected wire is grounded. That way you have to disarm the car, get in the car, attach your seat belt, then you can do take over. Not many car thieves would think to put on their seat belt before attempting to drive off. Off to design a circuit. I'll let you know how it works and what actually works.
Lee Buxbaum
Electronics Technician
Stanley Black & Decker
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2015 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Good thinking reference the last line.
lee buxbaum 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2015 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee buxbaum
i used a micro relay, a button battery holder, and the factory key fob. Going out at lunch to locate the seat belt wire and test it out.09 Altima Remote start/alarm - Page 3 -- posted image.
Lee Buxbaum
Electronics Technician
Stanley Black & Decker
lee buxbaum 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2015 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee buxbaum
unless the seatbelt is fastened, the circuit isnt operable.
Lee Buxbaum
Electronics Technician
Stanley Black & Decker
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2015 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Just occurred to me, for heaven's sake use a DMM when you test that seat belt, the wiring might be data!
lee buxbaum 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2015 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee buxbaum
i looked up the wiring online. It's a grounding switch input to the cluster, but yeah my fluke meter is all i use.
Lee Buxbaum
Electronics Technician
Stanley Black & Decker
Page of 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic