the12volt.com spacer
icon

09 Altima Remote start/alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2015 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes. When it works, still can't see where you need the starter wire, what diagram are you using?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2015 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Sorry for get my last post, you're quite right, just had a power failure and I was switching between PC and iPad.
lee buxbaum 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2015 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee buxbaum
I wired it all up today in the car, but the dball wont program. I did a reset, not the hard reset, and it goes solid red and won't change or recognize the factory unlock button press. Do I need to have the alarms lock/unlock wires hooked up? I didn't understand the directions for the dball on that.
Lee Buxbaum
Electronics Technician
Stanley Black & Decker
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2015 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Either:-
1) Incorrectly flashed.
2) You didn't wait long enough.
3) Wired wrong.
Get the module LED to go green for 3 seconds, then recheck the locking system, if after everything else checks out it doesn't lock then hard wire the locks.
lee buxbaum 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2015 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee buxbaum
I'll take it to my friends shop and have them reflash it. And I'll hardwire the locks after that. Thanks for your help. I'm really feeling like noob.
Lee Buxbaum
Electronics Technician
Stanley Black & Decker
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2015 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Don't worry, you've done OK so far, we've all been there.
I never mentioned the locks because I also found those instructions confusing.
lee buxbaum 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2015 at 6:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee buxbaum
i decided to hook up lock/unlock wires last night. They now work with the viper remote but the DBALL still doesn't go into programming mode. And i may have found out why. I located the original installation instructions that came with my DBALL. It shows firmware NISS03, and it is completely different wiring than the NISS3HT firmware installation instructions. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. I am going to try and program it by the original directions. I hope i dont have to re-wire too much in the car. But the DBALL has been sitting for a long time unpowered, so it may need to be reflashed.
Lee Buxbaum
Electronics Technician
Stanley Black & Decker
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2015 at 6:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Diagram I referred you to IS NISS3HT
lee buxbaum 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2015 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee buxbaum
im going to have the unit re flashed for the NISS3HT. Emailed tech support at directed and they said i could do that. Hopefully that will finally allow this thing to work right. Thanks again for your help
Lee Buxbaum
Electronics Technician
Stanley Black & Decker
lee buxbaum 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2015 at 6:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee buxbaum
I was able to get the DBALL reflashed and it worked first time ! I do have a few 'issues' with the operation of the combination bypass-remote start though.
1-parking lights do not flash on arm-disarm, but come on during remote start. I assume the light flash output from the alarm/rs need to be hooked up for that to work.
2- I still have to carry the factory fob to do 'take over' or the car stops running. I do not like this particular feature.
3-I havent tested all the features yet, butI'm sure some more things will present themselves.
Overall I love the DBALL now that it is flashed correctly. Once again, thanks for all your help
Lee Buxbaum
Electronics Technician
Stanley Black & Decker
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic