the12volt.com spacer
icon

2014 Toyota Camry Viper 5706v with Fortin EVO-Al

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wramsey12 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2015 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wramsey12
I was searching for installs with my car and the Viper 5706v and Fortin Evo-All and didn't see anything listed. I did see this post https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=138166 which is talking about D2D between the 5706V and the Evo-All where someone said you just had to use the D2D wire between them and wire the Evo-All correctly. I was just curious if this is true for the Camry because the wiring instructions I have from the Evo-All shows that you have to have the Data-Link cable between the Evo-All and the 5706v as well as the while running ground wire and other wires from the 5706V to different pins on the ignition harness but the documentation does not match up with the 5706v wiring documentation I got from here. For instance, the Evo-All shows Remote Start 1 as Ground when it's actually the Main Harness pin 2 for ground for the 5706V. I know this doesn't really matter for this one but I'm also not sure on others. For example, the main harness pin 1 goes to 12vdc constant input which I'm understanding to be 12v battery from Pin 5 on the Ignition Harness but Remote start 2 is an input for 12v accessory/starter on the 5706v which I'm showing should be an output according to the evo-all documentation. From my understanding output on the 5706v should go out to the car while inputs should come in from the carbut the evo-all paperwork only shows one input and that's the 12v ground so which is correct? All help is greatly appreciated. I also uploaded the Evo-All manual I have to the downloads/manuals if that would help.
wramsey12 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2015 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wramsey12
After looking at my Viper system once I got it and looking at the install document I have for the EVO-All this is what I came up with wiring wise. The ones with the ?'s I wasn't sure where they connected or if they did at all. I'm attaching a screen grab of the Excel wiring diagram that is listed here with my connections. Any help would be much appreciated
2014 Toyota Camry Viper 5706v with Fortin EVO-Al -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2015 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Viper 5706       2014 Camry regular key ignition        EVO-ALL flashed with DBI 6.79.25

Main Harness, 6-pin connector

1 RED (+)12VDC CONSTANT INPUT GREEN (+)  @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS, WHITE 8-PIN PLUG, PIN 5
2 BLACK (-) CHASSIS GROUND        Chassis Ground
3 BROWN (+) SIREN OUTPUT           Viper siren
4 WHITE/ BROWN PARKING LIGHT ISOLATION - PIN 87a     not used
5 WHITE PARKING LIGHT OUTPUT   *** Set to (-)       BLACK (-)  @ 20 Pin Headlight Switch Plug
6 ORANGE (-) 500mA GROUND WHEN ARMED OUTPUT      not used

Door Lock, 3-pin connector

1 BLUE (-) 500mA UNLOCK OUTPUT         Via D2D
2 EMPTY NOT USED
3 GREEN (-) 500mA LOCK OUTPUT           Via D2D

Remote Start, 10-pin heavy gauge connector

1 NC No Connection
2 RED / BLACK (+) FUSED 12V ACC/STARTER INPUT   GREEN (+)  @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS, WHITE 8-PIN PLUG, PIN 5 
3 PINK/BLACK (+) FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A   not used
4 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT          PINK (+)  @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS, WHITE 8-PIN PLUG, PIN 1  * set to IGN2
5 RED (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 1 INPUT      GREEN (+)  @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS, WHITE 8-PIN PLUG, PIN 5 
6 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE)    BLUE (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS, WHITE 8-PIN PLUG, PIN 7
7 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE) BLUE (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS, WHITE 8-PIN PLUG, PIN 7
8 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT           not used - according to EVO-ALL diagram 
9 RED / WHITE (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 2     GREEN (+)  @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS, WHITE 8-PIN PLUG, PIN 5 
10 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT        BLACK (+)  @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS, WHITE 8-PIN PLUG, PIN 6 

Auxiliary/Shutdown/Trigger Harness, 24-pin connector

1 PNK/WHITE (-) 200mA Ignition 2/Flex OUTPUT     not used
2 BLUE/WHITE (-) 200mA 2ND STATUS /REAR DEFOG      not used
3 RED / WHITE (-) 200mA TRUNK RELEASE OUTPUT          Via D2D
4 BLACK / YELLOW (-) 200mA DOME LIGHT OUTPUT          not used
5 DARK BLUE (-) 200mA STATUS OUTPUT to EVO-ALL A8
6 WHITE/ BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 3 OUTPUT not used
7 WHITE/ VIOLET (-) 200mA AUX 1 OUTPUT   not used
8 ORANGE / BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 4 OUTPUT          not used
9 GRAY (-) HOOD PIN INPUT (NC OR NO)   Via D2D if vehicle has factory hood pin
10 BLUE (-) TRUNK PIN (N/C OR N/O)          Via D2D
11 WHITE/ BLUE ACTIVATION INPUT           not used
12 VIOLET/WHITE* TACHOMETER INPUT Via D2D
13 BLACK/ WHITE** (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY Via D2D
14 GREEN/ BLACK (-) 200mA FACTORY ALARM DISARM  Via D2D
15 GREEN* (-) DOOR INPUT           Via D2D
16 BROWN / BLACK (-) 200mA HORN HONK OUTPUT         optional
17 PINK (-) 200mA IGNITION 1 OUTPUT     not used
18 VIOLET* (+) DOOR INPUT          not used
19 VIOLET/BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 2 OUTPUT         not used
20 BROWN (+) BRAKE SHUTDOWN INPUT Via D2D
21 VIOLET / YELLOW (-) 200mA STARTER OUTPUT to Pin 85 of external relay
22 GRAY/BLACK (-) DIESEL WAIT TO START INPUT         not used
23 ORANGE (-) 200mA ACCESSORY OUTPUT       not used
24 GREEN / WHITE (-) 200mA FACTORY ALARM ARM        Via D2D

Extra 30/40 Amp SPDT relay

Relay Pin 85 to Viper 21 VIOLET / YELLOW (-) 200mA STARTER OUTPUT
Relay Pins 86 and 87 to Yellow @ Pin 4 of Ignition Switch Harness through 7.5 Amp fuse
Relay Pin 30 to  lt. green  +  ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 3
Relay Pin 87a not used - insulate

Better yet, for all the +12V constant power connections, look for a very thick Black wire at the front of the fuse box.

Soldering is fun!
wramsey12 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2015 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wramsey12
Kreg, thank you very much for the reply. This will help tremendously, I will post if I need anymore help.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2015 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
You also made a glaring error on your Excel sheet and you may not have noticed that Kreg gave you the right answer.
You have TWO starter wires.
Cut the BLUE, vehicle starter wire #1
H3 Green to key side and H3 Violet (purple) to motor side.
Use the relay as Kreg showed for the 2nd. starter, BUT solder a diode 1N4004 across the 86 and 85 terminals, band to 86. It's a precaution that may save you a burnt out circuit board on the Viper.
wramsey12 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2015 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wramsey12
Reason I had two is because my wiring from Fortin showed 2 starter wires so I wasn't sure on it. The wiring page I got from Fortin shows starter 1 is blue ignition switch pin 7 and starter 2 is light green ignition switch pin 3. I appreciate all of the help and will take your advice on soldering that diode between those two terminals. One question, what would be the best place to get that diode from?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2015 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Virtually any electrical repair place. We buy 100 multiples so we go to Farnel, Mouser etc. doubt if they sell less than 10 at a time. Any Radio Shacks left near you?
wramsey12 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2015 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wramsey12
Yeah I think there is a radio shack. I will look this evening on the way to work. As it is we are due for rain the next three days so I won't be doing this build until probably next week. I just wanted to get all the details before I started doing anything. I've had experience wiring radios and amps and such as well as electronics and computer but had never done a remote start so was just going off intuition when comparing the wiring diagram from the viper and what I got for my camry from fortin. I will look there and at a few other electrical repair places around.
wramsey12 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2015 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wramsey12
Just out of curiosity what is the second starter wire that's listed in the wiring diagram from Wirecolor for. I misspoke when I said it was from Fortin, my bad. I got a chart of wires and colors from wirecolor and it shows pin 3 is starter 2 and is a light green color.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2015 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
That second starter wire is the one Kreg told you to use the relay for.
Usually used as a cold weather starting aid.
Do not join the two, wire as Kreg said. Toyota separates them for a reason, so should you.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic