the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 Ram 2500 Remote Start / Alarm Plan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2015 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
You won't need the INT-SL+.  The FLCAN does the bypass function along with the other convenience features.
Soldering is fun!
watermelon 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2015 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote watermelon
Cool. Got it. Thanks.
The FLCAN gets rid of a bunch of connections. Nice. Looks like that data cable handles a lot.
Also, do you think I will need the Bitwriter for the Viper?
Do you know if I will get by with the one transponder key that I have?
Is the usb for the FLCAN a regular cable or something special?
I'm still building shopping cart at Amazon 😄
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2015 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

The BitWriter makes programming very easy but unless you need to modify some of the "BitWriter Only" options, you can do all of the

basic programming in Menu's 1 - 3 with the Viper remotes.

Bypass module to vehicle programming requires only one working key.

The USB Flash cable is a special proprietary cable.  The can be found online for around $35.  You will need to gain access to the

WebLink site to flash the FLCAN module :  http://www.flashlogic.com/weblink/user/registration

You might also try SonicElectronix to compare prices with Amazon.  I believe they will flash the FLCAN for you with the firmware you request.

Soldering is fun!
watermelon 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2015 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote watermelon
Very cool thanks again.
Order placed. Practice testing with my DMM on truck to find correct wires while I wait. Gonna make my own labels so it makes sense to myself.
watermelon 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2015 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote watermelon
Received the following:
Viper 5806v
Flashlogic FLCAN
I actually also got a few 451M modules and hood-switches too. I didn't notice them in shopping cart.
I also flashed the FLCAN
2003 Ram 2500 Remote Start / Alarm Plan - Page 2 -- posted image.
When flashing the module I selected remote start / security system option.
Gonna hook up everything on the bench first.
I dont think I need the 451M modules and relays correct?
I plan on using the data connection between the Viper and Flashlogic.
Thanks again,
watermelon (going slowly)
kreg357 
Posted: October 19, 2015 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

OK.  The FLCAN will handle the locks and factory alarm through DBI D2D.  It will also supply the Tach and Brake signals through the

DBI D2D connection.  There is no need to hardwire the E-Brake or Trunk Status connections, the Viper doesn't need them. 

You shouldn't need the 451M modules but a resistor from the package for the Parking Lights will be useful.  Either a 330 or 1400 ohm

resistor will be needed.  DEI suggest following TechTip 1082 for the Parking Lights using a relay and isolation.  Here is a link :
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=616
Bulldog also uses a relay ( w/o isolation ).  Here is a link ( diagram on right ) :
http://diagrams.marktoonen.nl/DOWNLOADS/17044_RAM-FULL-SIZE-PICKUP-_CHRYSLER%20PARKING%20LIGHT%20DIAGRAM.pdf

You will still need to make all the ignition wire connections from the Viper to the RAM.  Depending on the wiring guide, you might have

up to 4 Accessory type ignition wires.  Testing will be necessary.  The Viper can support the IGN1, IGN2, Starter and Accessory1 wires
directly.  Additional Accessory circuits will require relays.  It is not a good idea to connect one Viper ignition output to multiple vehicle circuits.

Soldering is fun!
watermelon 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2015 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote watermelon
thanks again
right now i have viper n flcan mocked up. im double checking wiring diagrams to see what connections i can start cutting out. wont do anything just yet as i am waiting for relays/pigtails i ordered.
i dont plan on doing many accesory connections. my goal is just to get viper/flcan to arm/disarm truck, sound siren and flash lights when triggered, remote start truck, and maybe turn on dome light when i disarm security system.
regarding sensors, the viper came with something call the double gaurd shock sensor. however, in my excitement i ordered a dei dual zone motion sensor, dei digital tilt sensor, and dei glass break sound sensor. the Vioer has only two sensor inputs. which of my available sensors do you recommend installing?
thanks again,
watermelon
kreg357 
Posted: October 26, 2015 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Sorry, don't use Viper alarm systems, so I can't help much there.  There are a few Viper installers on the Forum ( even one with a funny accent from another country...  2003 Ram 2500 Remote Start / Alarm Plan - Page 2 -- posted image.  ), so hopefully one will jump in with an experienced / knowledgeable answer. 
Soldering is fun!
watermelon 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2015 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote watermelon
very good. youve been extremely helpful im actually looking at your responses in other threads. still reviewing the tech basics here.
as far as getting started, i plan on pulling fuses out of viper as i connect things up. do you recommend any other fuses to pull?
this isnt a daily driver so i have time to figure things out
thanks again
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2015 at 2:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
He's watching Kreg!
Frankly all you need is a 508d.
If you add others they will probably interfere with each other, you need to spend up to half an hour with each setting them up.
Apart from shock and 508d you don't need the ports, red wire to H1 red, blue to the blue trunk feed you won't be using and black to the orange at H1.
You will probably need to readjust the 508d 36 hours after install.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic