the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 Ram 2500 Remote Start / Alarm Plan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2015 at 3:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Good advice from an alarm expert!  Thanks Howard.

Typically I do the whole install without disconnecting the vehicles battery.  This makes any re-testing during install simple.  The only vehicle connectors I might remove during install ( to make soldering easier ) is the main ignition harness plug.   You just have to be very careful while making the connections to the +12V constant wires, don't allow the solder or soldering iron to make contact with any metal in the vehicle.

Pull all the R/S fuses prior to starting and make the Chassis Ground wire your first connection. 

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2015 at 3:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Spot on advice, I agree ref the ignition plug, just make sure you Ram any connectors home after. Sorry.
Disconnect NOTHING with the ignition on. Applies more to post 05 but it's a good rule.
A solder mat for the floor is also worth while.
watermelon 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2015 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote watermelon
thanks again for the help
i thought i understood how the connections from the viper to truck needed to go but as i went to hook up the 10 pin heavy gauge connectors i found myself trying to make sense of it all.
i am using the wiring guide found here on the site, the bulldog security instructions, and the viper 5806v install diagrams.
2003 Ram 2500 Remote Start / Alarm Plan - Page 3 -- posted image.
please look over my planned connections and let me know what you think (please disregard any notes/highlighter marks on the 10pin pic i posted - was just trying to make sense of it all but was getting lost):
from viper i connect the pink ignition1(pin 10) and red ignition 1(pin 5) to the truck's blue ignition 1 wire
from viper i connect RED / white fused 12v ignition 2(pin 9) and pink/white ignition2(pin4) to the truck's RED / white ignition 2 wire
the viper green and violet i understand - cut the truck's yellow starter and then viper's green to key side and viper's violet to starter side
viper orange (pin 8) to truck's orange accessory wire
i dont see any mention of a spot where the viper's RED / black(pin2) fused 12v accessory/starter input or pink/black(pin3) flex relay input would go according the to wiring chart downloaded from this site; i don't think they apply to my application.
other than the above 10pin connections the only connections that are left are the flashlogic connections. i am using the data-to-data option so there are very few connections overall. i will just need to wire up three relays: parking lights, horn, and dome light
------------------------------------------------------------------------
regarding the flashlogic, from the pic below it appears it requires a "skim immobilize" ignition to be cut. it gave me the location and color LTGREEN/ black which i found. also found the J1850 wire. i need to make an extension wire to reach the kick panel for the "analog output" of the flashlogic due to where i am situating all the goodies.
any feedback is greatly appreciated. i look forward to your response.
thanks again,
watermelon
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2015 at 5:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Not exactly.  Here is the wiring for the heavy gauge 4806V 10 Pin connector :

1 NC       

2 RED / Black      +12V constant  pink/black
3 Pink/Black      not used
4 Pink/White IGN2        RED / White ( or Red )
5 Red +12V Constant  pink/black
6 Green key side         Yellow
7 Violet truck side         Yellow
8 Orange          Green
9 RED / White    +12V constant  pink/black
10 Pink   Blue 16 gauge

Extra 30/40 Amp SPDT relay w/harness, in-line fuse holder and 25 Amp fuse

Pin 85 to Viper Orange (-) 200mA Accessory Output
Pins 86 and 87 to +12V constant through 25 Amp fuse
Pin 30 to Orange (+) @ ignition harness
Pin 87a not used - insulate or delete

Soldering is fun!
watermelon 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2015 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote watermelon
thanks a bunch...again!
will get on it. i've only been doing one or two connections at a time. bouncing between family, work, dogs, etc. 2003 Ram 2500 Remote Start / Alarm Plan - Page 3 -- posted image.
watermelon
watermelon 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2015 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote watermelon
well i got all connections at 10pin harness connected per step below:
1 NC   
2 RED / Black  +12V constant pink/black
3 Pink/Black  not used
4 Pink/White IGN2   RED / White ( or Red )
5 Red        +12V Constant pink/black
6 Green key side        Yellow
7 Violet  truck side        Yellow
8 Orange   Green
9 RED / White +12V constant pink/black
10 Pink      Blue 16 gauge
i went ahead and made connections to the flashlogic while i was working on truck too. did i get ahead of myself?
the reason i ask is because i went to change viper default of manual transmission to automatic but i cannot get viper into program mode.
so far the viper chirps when i press lock on viper key fob (arm), it will alarm if i stick my head into open widow or jump up and down on bumper, and the viper will chirp when i press disarm.
i saw on another thread that Howie II mentioned to cut off Neutral Safety switch and join the two ends together. he also mentioned grounding an H2/6 Green wire but i am not sure if that applies to my 5806v.
i plan on making the change to the Neutral Safety Switch to see if that helps.
any responses are appreciated.
watermelon
watermelon 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2015 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote watermelon
Wow!
i did connect the two end of the Neutral Safety Switch together. I also grounded the Door Switch Trigger input (pin 15 Green on 24pin harness).
i was able to get into program mode and set to Automatic.
i armed the system then hit remote start a bit later and it fired up for a bit then turned off; it did that a few times.
so, i moved onto programming the Flashlogic with the Dodge Sentry Key; that went ok.
i then exited truck, armed it, hit remote start and it fired up and stayed running!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The only thing I don't see happening is the locking of the doors when I arm the system.
I thought the Flashlogic Analog output to the LightGREEN/ Orange wire in the driver kick panel would take care of things. Do I need to place a relay from the Flashlogic to trigger to doors to lock upon arming?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
i still need to wire up relays for dome light, horn, and parking light.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2015 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Make sure the Viper gets ignition, ground when door open.
Follow the Viper programming guide, Menu 3, Feature 1, Option 2, change to AUTOMATIC.
watermelon 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2015 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote watermelon
thanks Howie II.
all appears to be working ok remote start wise and arm/disarm.
------------------------------------------------------------
does anyone know if the Analog Output of the Flashlogic needs to go through a relay to activate door lock/unlock?
the Flashlogic diagram above just shows a straight connection and i dont see any mention of a relay in the install directions
---------------------------------------------------------------
now that remote start is running i need to read up on how to use properly.
thanks again all for the help.
watermelon
kreg357 
Posted: November 11, 2015 at 4:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

The FLCAN should be able to handle the door locks via its' direct connection to the correct wire in the DKP.  This wire is dependent

on the truck ( and if it has the Factory Alarm system ).  With Factory Alarm, the color is Light GREEN/ Orange.

Just as a thought, did you set the FLCAN's Installation Mode to Data ( 1 blink ) prior to programming the module to the truck?  This is

detailed at the top of Page 13 in the FLCAN CH6 install guide.
Typically, I do a Factory Reset, select the install mode and lock it in just prior to the actual vehicle programming

Soldering is fun!
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic