the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 Escape DBALL2 Programming Issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bogucki 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
the door trigger wire should test ground with door closed then nothing/open with door open
boguckialex
bogucki 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
when your programing your holding the button and jumping power to the ign while still holding the button it may take a few seconds to turn green then off but you have to keep holding the button, and I'm assuming that the store flashed the dball2 for the ford escape for you. and the dball pink ignition input wire is connected with a Secure connection to the vehicles Ignition wire
boguckialex
ebnub 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ebnub
bogucki wrote:
when your programing your holding the button and jumping power to the ign while still holding the button it may take a few seconds to turn green then off but you have to keep holding the button, and I'm assuming that the store flashed the dball2 for the ford escape for you. and the dball pink ignition input wire is connected with a Secure connection to the vehicles Ignition wire
I re soldered the connections to the PATS cylinder, and have the parking lights wired properly now.
The issue with programming has moved on to that after connecting 12v to Ignition the DBALL2 flashes Orange-Red-Orange-Red continually which my instructions indicate "Ignition On" command received. It does this if I attempt programming under Type 2 as well, the remote starter lights everything up and the DBALL2 flashes Orange-Red the same.
Could it be possible that Best Buy flashed the DBALL with the wrong firmware, possibly the Key2Go version? Or is there another possibility I'm not considering?
ebnub 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ebnub
The Key2GO instructions say to turn the same key on and off twice, and the LED will start blinking orange. When I do this, the LED starts blinking orange.
bogucki 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
If the light is flashing red and orange I don't think your in programming mode anymore
I would do a hard reset on the dball and try one more time to program it with two keys with type 1 program with jumping power to ign don't use type 2
Make sure your following every step, and if that doesn't work I then would bring the module to Best Buy to check the it's flashed properly
boguckialex
bogucki 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
You also maybe letting go of the program if button to soon in the 2nd last step as well keep holding it till The light goes green then off
boguckialex
ebnub 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ebnub
I'm at a loss of what to do now. We went to Best Buy and they verified that the firmware was correct, they said that Key2Go or not, it's the same firmware. I'm confident I'm following the steps as I should:
Reset DBALL2 by removing power from it, hold programming button, reconnect power, let go of button once light turns orange, light will then turn Red.
Insert key 1, turn ignition to Run (not start), wait 5 seconds, turn key off and remove. LED on DBALL doesn't change, stays red.
Insert key 2, turn ignition to Run, (DBALL almost instantly starts blinking orange repeatedly), wait 5 seconds, turn key off and remove. LED is still blinking orange.
Hold programming button, jumper +12V to vehicle Ignition wiring. DBALL audibly clicks, LED turns orange for a brief moment and then starts blinking Orange-Red-Orange-Red. I've continued to hold the button for up to 5 minutes at this point and there isn't any change. When I remove +12V LED goes back to blinking orange.
Maybe the vehicle has a security system that I don't know about and I need to connect the keysense wiring as shown in install Type 1b. I attempted to get an alarm to go off by securing the vehicle with the fob and windows down, wait 5 minutes, reach in and open door without anything happening so I assumed no alarm and Type 1a install was correct.
bogucki 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
And you sure the dballs rx and tx wires are not backwards and yes with no alarm it's the 1a install type , is the dball and the remote starter connected by d2d wire
boguckialex
bogucki 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
2008 Escape DBALL2 Programming Issues - Page 2 -- posted image.   make sure the dball rx wire ( ORANGE / Black ) is connected to the PURPLE / gray wire on the ford, and the dball tx wire (Yellow/Black ) is connected to the yellow/orange wire on the ford.
boguckialex
ebnub 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ebnub
I've quadruple checked and even resoldered the TX and RX wires. I just completed the wiring for Type 1b as if it has an alarm. There really isn't any change except that when I press the programming button while the led is blinking orange after inserting and removing the two keys the Dball2 seems to apply +12v over the yellow wire now, which is connected to the Ignition wiring, so jumping 12v doesn't make any sense since the Dball is already doing it. Either way though, the dball led blinks orange and red in the end.
I tried starting the vehicle with the key and doing a remote start takeover which worked perfect. I was able to remove the key and turn the vehicle off via remote. Locks and all that work. Something is really off with the Dball or the wiring and I just can't figure it out.
Theoretically, if only the TX, RX, and ignition wires are connected and the dball is getting power and ground it should be able to go through these programming steps right?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic