icon

Serious Subwoofer ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
D148l0 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2003 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, just something important you may want to consider (as posted on their site) : Diamond Audio does NOT authorize ANY internet sales of car audio products.
Diamond car audio products are designed to be sold and installed by experts at authorized locations.
Products purchased from anyone other than an authorized Diamond retailer may not be new or even genuine Diamond Audio Technology products, and do not qualify for Diamond Audio's limited warranty or technical support. ...  (as posted on their site)  If you want to buy them on the internet, make sure the site has a good warranty...
d148l0
magic2 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2003 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for all the help. I really appericate it.  I really need to listen to the Diamond audio subs

I'll go to the shop here in town that sells them, and see what the deal is.

tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2003 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
Power wise i was just going by Diamonds specs for them, 1500rms each, and then looking at a 4 sub setup, which would be asking for 6000rms if you wanted to give them all they were rated for. On another note its funny because most every person on here always says match up the subs rms with the same power amp. But now you say its ok to give a setup asking for 6000 watts only 2000?? Which is it guys?? Yes the 2000 watts will make them move and probably be "stupid" loud but still sound good, just like the ones i heard that only had 1200 watts on the 2 subs. I'm just trying to get some good knowledge and now it seems all screwed up. 1 minute match up, next minute its ok to underpower them. And i promise i'm not trying to make anyone mad here!!
T.Hill 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2003 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with 148IO about the warranty. The shop in my town said that I get a 3 year if they install it versus a 1 year if I buy it from them and install it myself. The web site I am talking about told me that the 1 year warranty that they have on the site is theirs and not Diamond Audio's. I purchased my stuff from them and it was the real deal. I even took it to the shop here in town to see if it was new and not a knock off. Of course they said I should have bought it from so I could get the warranty, but I wasn't about to give them an extra wad of cash plus pay retail to boot.
T.Hill 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2003 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
Try this one on for size. Subwoofers are like women! You can give them what will get them by and keep them happy. Or you can give them all that they can handle and have them begging you to take you home. What I'm trying to say is that giving a sub just enough will get you by, but I have always been told that you should give a sub as much power(clean power that is) up to it's max rms rating. My 1200.1's are rated at 1200 watts, but were tested at 1400 watts at 1 ohm with.01thd.
D148l0 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2003 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
I look forward to see lots of posts in this one...  Yeah, I'm one of those who believes in matching RMS - RMS as rule of thumb. I do it in my systems for 2 main reasons: most important, for SQ. The closer the amp is to the sub, less gain you use  in your amp (let's be honest about it!!!!! Serious Subwoofer ? - Page 2 -- posted image.)... second, that way I don't feel l'm lacking or wasting watts and/or money... most of times I recommend it to those who use sealed boxes, b/c, as T.Hill says, you want to get as much as possible SPL / SQ from your sub (s), but I also have said that, in a given enclosure, you can achieve a similar performance with substancially less power.... even in a sealed enclosure, it also depends on the sub... RMS is calculated similar to the HP in a car, to obtain the best performance AND durability... so it's the ideal point in a range, not merely a must-follow-rule. Hope to read from you guys, I want to learn more...
d148l0
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2003 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
Think we should start a new post on the power issue to see what everyone has to say about it. I have some other questions that may be related anyways, make things easier on us.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic