icon

which subs to buy

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2003 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  

hey guys, my choices are 4 pioneer preimiere 12 inch sybs, 2000 watts max, 1000 RMS, or, old school rock ford fosgate HX2;s, they are 2000 watts, 1000 rms, the only difference uis, the rock fords are used and the pioneers are brand new, but, the guy who owns the rockfords is one of my friends, and he never really beat on them, cause he not in to tons of bass, but, his system is hitting 162 DB in a dodge ram, i couldn;t beleive it was that loud, just not sure if the pioneers will be louder ornot, oh, and im paying about 1100 for the pioneers, and 900-1000 for the rockfords, thats canadian money,

WHICH ONES SHOULD I PICK?

thanks guys,

wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2003 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
Personally I'd try the Rockfords over Pioneer's any day. The RF's you mentioned are the Power HX2 series. I'm running (2) 12" Punch HX2's right now and they kick unholly a$$. They're power hungry though (especially the Power HX2's). Make sure you can supply not only enough watts from the amp(s), but that you can also supply enough amperage from the alternator to the amp(s).
I've got a 130a alternator right now (stock), and my lights only dim when I'm at idle. At speed (when the alternator is producing more amperage) I really don't have a problem. But if I were running 2000 RMS (which you would want for 2 Power HX2's) instead of 1000 RMS, then even a 130a alternator would not be enough. Just something to keep in mind...
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2003 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  

any other opinions?

Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2003 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
the Rockfords are all around better speakers than the Pioneers, as far as that goes...the Pioneers dont really perform well in any category, and arent really meant as an SPL sub...
if given the choice, I would buy the Rockfords...
if I was given any choice, I would stay away from both...
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2003 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
GO WITH THE RF'S
Big Dave
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2003 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
i dunno if you guys have heard the new pioneer premieres, but holy hsit there loud, huge diffrence form last years models, people drive by my house and sh*t in my garage is shaking, and the rockfords, well, i think there really good, great sound quality, plus so much spl, i can;t even sit inside it, but, i guess im going to go with the rockfords, what other type of subs would you go with that cost around 1000-1500, excluding JL,
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2003 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  

If you’re looking to spend $1000 on subs I would look into the Diamond Audio TDX http://www.diamondaudio.com/MobileAudio/index.cfm?page=Subwoofers# or Eclipse's Titanium Series http://www.eclipse-web.com/products/speaker/sw9100/sw9182pro.html Both subs sound and perform much better than the HX2's

c0mpl3x 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2003 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  

I would say R.E. XXX subs.  They would blow any of the subs mentioned above totally away. www.respl.com  check em out.

wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2003 at 5:41 AM / IP Logged  
I find it a little hard to believe, not saying it's not true, just hard to believe. Diamond and Eclipse are some of the "Best-of-the-Best" in the Car Audio world.
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
c0mpl3x 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2003 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
I dont know much about diamond but i do know eclipse one of the best in car audio.  I think they are up to par with R.E., Image Dynamics, Crystal Mobilesound,  Adire,  and Elemental Designs.  Those are the best of the best.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic