icon

which subs to buy

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2003 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
I have never heard Resonant Engineering's XXX to know how it sounds too give an opinion. But from the specs aspect the XXX doesn’t come any where close to the Eclipse TI.
97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2003 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  

bberman1, since guys seem to say the eclipse's or the diamonds are the best subs, im from canada, windsor ontario, and was wondering wher ei might be bale to get eclipse's or diamond subs, i have never heard them, but u heard good things about eclipse, but nothing about diamond, which is better, diamond or eclipse, and, how much for 4 eclipse titanium's or 4 diamond  subs,(there best ones of course) in the 12 inch size, how much canadian for them??? thanks a lot

Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2003 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  
you'd prolly just need two of them, they are powerful.  Make a proper box and they will sound even better.
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2003 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  
no, i want 4 though, not 2, 4 12's, im fiberglassing my whole trunk, i need 4
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2003 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
I have too agree with Maxst the Titanium’s have a Xmas of 1.50" one way so they will travel 3 inches from front to back. Now for example the HX2 RFR3112 is 19 MM which is about 3/4 each way, so you can see that the Titanium will move as much air as (2) HX2’s. However they are not cheap you can find them on eBay for around $400 US and they are slightly more from an authorized dealer ( although they will start off by selling them for $800 or so) . And the Diamonds will run you about the same ($400-$500 after serious negotiations). As far as a dealer in your area your best bet would be to call Eclipse or Diamond and they will be able to tell you where one is located.
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2003 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
ummm, i know in windsor wher ei live, we do;t have one anywhere around, i would probably have to travel over to detroit to get them, now your saying 400 american each right?  would you think 3 of the titaniums will be louder than the 4 premieres, i dunno if you guys have heard the new premieres, they are amazing, i use to have 2 type R's on a kx600.1, my friend has 2 premieres on 2 sh*tty sony amps, he his smokes mine, im pretty sure he hit 145.2 in kitchener onatrio at north of the border bash, but, if you think the titaiums are better, iw ill go to the states and pick some up
ironfistjohn 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2003 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  

ummmmmmmmmmmm,162dbwhich subs to buy - Page 2 -- posted image.this i would have to see....are you talking about at the port?????????

crossing wires is,crossing the line....
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2003 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
actually thats is worng, it's 154 DB in a sealed box, and if yo don;t belive come out here and you can see for yourself, trust me, it;s a not cheap system, he has a alpine F1 31 status deck, the cost 5000 bucks, 2000 bucks worth of dynamat, alpine mrv-1507 amp, cap, 4 batteriesand bunch of other sh*t, sounds amazing, it;s more for SQ though, he is now getting 6 orion h2 subs
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2003 at 6:47 AM / IP Logged  
well, i have decided im going to go with the eclipse's, you guys say there amazing, so i hope you , since i have never heard them before, i have to go to detroit to find, i dunno where im gonna find them, but im gonna be gone all day looking for osme, im going to be getting 4 of the 15 inch titaiums now, i decided i wanted 15's instead, gonna have a sick install in the trunk, going in a neon, sounds kind aimpossible, but, it ognna work, going to have 4 memphis 1000D's going to the subs, 200 amp alternator, 4 batteries, 4 caps, and the whole car is being dynamatted right now, 2 layers, of it, so, hopefully these subs are gonna pound, thx guys, see ya
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2003 at 6:49 AM / IP Logged  
well, i have decided im going to go with the eclipse's, you guys say there amazing, so i hope you are right , since i have never heard them before, i have to go to detroit to find them, i dunno where im gonna find them, but im gonna be gone all day looking for some, im going to be getting 4 of the 15 inch titaiums now, i decided i wanted 15's instead, gonna have a sick install in the trunk, going in a neon, sounds kinda impossible, but, it gonna work, going to have 4 memphis 1000D's going to the subs, 200 amp alternator, 4 batteries, 4 caps, and the whole car is being dynamatted right now, 2 layers of it, so, hopefully these subs are gonna pound, thx guys, see ya
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic