the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

which subs to buy

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2003 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  
wanna spread some of that mad cash around?!!! Sounds like it should pound when you are all done, definately need to post some pics...
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2003 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  

if i can ahold of a digital camera, i will, i still have to start the fiberglassing though, havn;t even started that, gotta wait for the dynamat to finish, then i gotta put in a new speaker sin my car, i plan on using 2 memphis 4 channels, not sure on the speakers yet though, you guys got any suggestions for speakers, if you had unliumited money, what speakers would you put in your car, cause ican spend any amount of money on speakers, i plan on getting a pair of 6x9's, i will need a 6 1/2 component set, and 3 1/2's, and im going to cut out the panel in the back and put speakers in there, im sure what size i should do though, i plan on running the speakers off the 2 four channels(2 memphis 16-mc3004 4cahnnels) and the deck for the tweeters, i will be using a Alpine F #1 staus deck (8 volt preoputs!) so if you guys have any idea of what kind of speakers i should use, let me know

let me know soon, as i'am going out today to buy everyting, and since id on;t live in the states, i only wanna make 1 trip there,

thx

wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2003 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
I would either go with Infinity Kappa Perfect's or MB Quart.
I didn't have unlimited cash so i went with Infinity Kappa's. If the Kappa Perfect's sound even close to them (which they should seeing as how they are supposed to be top-of-the line) then you would love them.
I've never used the MB Quart's before, but I hear they are the bomb...
Are you building a sponsored show car? or are you creating a display vehicle for a shop?
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2003 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  
um, no, im just building a system for pleasure, basically just driving my car around, and to blow away all the other kids away in my town, it gonan be a show car, it already somewhat is, i have a 1997 neon, i have 18 inch KMC rims, eibach pro lowering kit, KYB struts, full black widow body kit, one of the few in north america, z3 limited edtion fenders, carbon fiber hood, roof scopp, diamond eurolights for the fornt, chrome taail lights, car is painted onyx black, a veilside kombat spoiler, dual borla exhaust, shave door handles and trunk light, and the body kit is like molded together to thecar, looks like one peice, , i ahve sparco seats in the fornt, i ripped out the back seat, and have 2 single seats back there, (sparco) and in the middle i have 1, 100 shot of nos, under the hood, i have a stage 3 turbokenctics turbo, intercooler, pacesetter headers, bosch platium 4 sprak plug,s, new wires, full AEM V2 cold air intake, jet performance computer chip, msd ignition, fornt and rear strut bars, HP racing big brake kit, unorthidox racing clutch, unorthidox ultra light flywheel, b&M short shifter, sparco shifter knob and sparco steering wheel, i have the roof a little bit chooped, to look more like a lambourgini style, lambo doors, crower cam shaft, JE/SRP piston set, unorthidox underdrive crank pulley, holley rex electrical fuel pump, 56 mm throttle body,
QuinnX1 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2003 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
I highly doubt that the people that are crapping on the Premier subs have heard them. I have 2 of the Pioneer 2000w subs and they get down. They are also priced right, but it's your coin. Also since you are in the spending mood; why not take a look at the Juggs, HCCA(Orion), Digital Designs, and The Resonant Engineering, subs?
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2003 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
finally, someone who likes the new pioneers, they do pound, well, oroin just arn;t built the way they used to be, they kinda suck now, and i have never heard the resonant engineering or those others
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2003 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
Go wth MB quart Q series
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2003 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
Diamond Audio TDXs would be well worth ur time to audition, as well as the eclipses...both are great SQ subs that like to move with some power...also, look at IDMaxs as well...and Brahmas...
LOL, if u plan on spending any amount of money, dont buy 6x9s...spend the money to get a solid 6" speaker into the decklid if thats what u are planning to do...the 6x9s sound like ass most of the time...
look at a/d/s/ PX series, Focal Utopias or PolyKevlars (I personally think the Utopias are rather dry, but some may argue here), Morel Renaissance, Diamonds high end line of speakers, or my personal favorite, the AVI Tri-Star BSMs...the AVIs are made right here in the Vancouver area, BC...amazing sounding speakers really...
by the way, a 200 AMP alternator will not be enough power to run your 4 1000Ds, let alone 4 1000Ds, ur car, and ur front stage amp setup...and Im assuming some other add on power drains...I think the 1000Ds are capable of drawing around 80A or 90A apiece, and thats almost double your alternators output right there...you may want to reconsider some things if you dont want to lose some equipment to low voltage...
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2003 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
If you want great SQ sub...go for the MB quart reference series 12" they arent extremely high powered...like 150rms, but they are sweet sounding.
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2003 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  
no i want peer SPL, like 80% spl, and 20% SQ
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic