the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

mono Amp Specs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2003 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
Still would have a look at the Crossfire... they have had a class d on the market for 4 years now... the Kicker is still a fairly new player to this market..I don not sell either but did used to sell the Crossfire until last year (distributor dropped the line..jerks). Here in Canada the distributor of Kicker also dropped after a long time, this was done solely based on excessive warranty claims from what I have heard. For the record though I don not know how this may or would reflect on the Kicker amp you are looking at. Another consideration is real estate, the Kicker needing about 8.5" more in length, but both amplifiers make about the same power, the Crossfire measures at 12.5v, the Kicker at 13.8v so they both are about the same for output, what are the warranties like on them, for us Crossfire had a 2 year over the counter exchange warranty, this was really nice when we did have a problem (none ever with a class d). Whichever way you go I'm sure it will be a good choice, enjoy.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2003 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
don;t get kicker man, so overratted, go with the memphis, those amps are mor elike 1400 watts on the 1000D, i have one, running a audiobahn awt15x sub, not near the power rating, but, it still kills my ears to sit inside, i have had that kicker amp before, i thought there was somehting wrong ith it so i brought it back, got a new one, and still sucked, so disappointed, plus there expensive, like 800 bucks or osmehting form a dealer
EzekialPhoenix 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2003 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
Well, there is some new news.  I was able to find the Orion 1200D for a very reasonable price, so now I am really considering going that route.  If anyone knows anything about that amp, I'd love the input.
I be tossin and flossin, my style is awesome. Causin' more family feuds than Richard Dawson.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2003 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  

Ahhhnold says yah dat iz gud amp. Us built, good warranty, 120amps of fusing, will lb hard. Good choice

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic