icon

2000 cavalier service/theft light won’t go out

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aleefers 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2004 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a bulldog remote starter on a 2000 chevy cavalier and I cannot get the theft and security light to go out. Everything on the starter works great the only problem is that I cannot get the lights to go out. I tried clearing the computer and that didn't work. The only thing I can think of is the yellow wire that comes from the ignition switch. In the reading it tells u to cut it, but in the picture it shows it spliced in. Any help is appreciated Thanks
aleefers 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2004 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  

Excuse me, I mean the service and theft light

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2004 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
make sure all teh acc wires (2) are powered properly.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
freakystyley990 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2004 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  
Usually, you have to cut the yellow anti-theft wire in half and two wires from your bypass go to each side. I cannot get into specifics because I am not familiar with bulldog products.
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2004 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
Yup you have to cut it and one wire goes to the key side, the other goes to the car side, but not spliced into.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
aleefers 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2004 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  

Well I think I found the problem shortly after I posted this as I spent about 2 hours on bulldogs site. The book says the green wire isn't used and u cut the yellow and connect the 791 module yellow to the engine side of the cut wire.

The online manual for the 791 module says to cut the yellow and attach the module yellow to engine side and the green to key side. So I am gonna try to reset the thing and hopefully I dont have to get the computer cleared.

p71-cruiser 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2004 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  

Bulldog, good chioce2000 cavalier service/theft light won’t go out -- posted image.

p71-cruiser

aleefers 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  

Well now that I am throughly disgusted with bulldog security I am about ready to throw the whole starter in the trash and go have a viper installed. The wiring diagram they sent me is wrong, the instructions are wrong, and they sent me a 791 module that is missing a wire. So I ripped a wire out of a pin that they say isn't used and stuck it in where the missing wire was and the damn lights still won't go out. I am so frustrated and stumped at this point that I just want to talk to someone that has done it on a 2000 cavalier and it actually worked and how they did it. I have e-mailed and called bulldog and haven't got any response for about 4 days now. Their customer service is about as valuable as another hole in my rectum.

cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
I've had luck calling them in the past. But I've slowly moved away from Bulldog because of the stuff you've been mentioning.
Did you try 800-878-8007? If not, try that, and ask to speak with Phil if he's in....he's usually pretty good for help.
By the way, what model RS did you install?
Q: What's the best nation in the world?
A: Donation!     Donate to the12volt.com      
aleefers 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2004 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
1200e
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic