icon

Amp wont turn on?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Roosterman 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2004 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
Bottom line is that your gong to end up replacing your main power wire.  It is very easy to do and im sure that you could handle it yourself.  Go out and get yourself another 8 gauge power wire and that amp should work.  Just make sure that you are using the correct size power wire for the amp you are using.
If it is to loud, your to old.
Clean Install 
Silver - Posts: 446
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2004 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  

I would suggest check your connections, just had that happen to a friend that was running to small of wire not too much smaller he was running 4awg and did not want any bigger cable anyhow it ended up being the connection at the battery and the fuse holder under the hood (but he thought it was the cable and he was going to get some new 4awg wire)....so again I would check your connections and make sure that they are good, I would cut off the end an make a new connection all the way around....

oh by the way who ever put his fuse holder on super glued the d*mn thing......I could not get if off, not even to check the fuse...a real winner

also if you dont have a dmm to check to see if the fuse holder is causing you trouble you can use a jumper wire to connect the two ends and see if you get a spark

just place a wire on both ends of the wires going into the fuse box you should get a spark there also ....

If we learn from each success and
each failure, then we can improve ourselves
Clean Install 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2004 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  

what size amp are you running???? that would be helpful in figuring out what size cable you need

thanks

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2004 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
Hes running a sony XM-2200GTX.
Clean Install 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2004 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

well i figured that pulling 40amps....so you are really gettin' close if you are running your cable 10-13ft  you need 6awg, 7-10ft  8, etc....

if your going to be getting any bigger of amp in the future? I would suggest the 4awg, i

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic