icon

2004 Saturn Vue, DEI 554R

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Kev. 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  

I am about to purchase/install a Prestige APS 996a (remote start/alarm) and was wondering what else I might need? I've heard discussions on Passlock devices needed for GM vehicles but I'm not sure if they are aplicable to my make/model. Please advise me on what I may need that the alarm will not come with.

Thank you,

Kev.

Kev.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
Vue uses passlock 2
also needs the keysense energized during remote start to prevent service engine light to come on.
Locks are easy.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
Kev. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you extreme1! Does anybody have any experiences with DEI products? WHould you recomend their 554R over the Prestige unit I was looking at? The reason I ask is because DEI has the Passlock bypass unit (555L) and (what sounds like a good product) a alarm (554R). I like using products from the same company because they are made to work together. Any comments?

Kev.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
Do NOT use the 555L on the Saturn Vue. On occasion the vehicle's passlock system will lock up preventing you from starting the car for 15 minutes. I have seen it numerous times. DEI says to run a ground to the battery for the 555L...it still doesn't work. Easiest way to temporarily bypass the Passlock on that vehicle is with a relay and resistor. I won't use a 555L on any more Saturns....too many problem
Kev. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
Is there a schematic (with values) somewhere?
Kev.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
555l works perfect on the vue.
use the blue status out on the 554r to fire up the bypass and the blue/black wire to energize keysense.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
Kev. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  
Hmm...my wife is VERY nervous about not having a warranty on it if I install myself. I have done ALL of my own alarms, stereo's, hell...even my own house wiring (I'm an electrical engineer) but for this she is scared. I call Best Buy (I'm in Fresno California) and they want $399 for a Viper 791 installed. Does this sound like a decent price? I might still order the 554 and do it myself.
Kev.
Kev. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2004 Saturn Vue (3.5 liter V-6) and am a little confused about hooking up my DEI 554R. The "(-) Factory Disarm Output" wire (H2/2 Light GREEN/ Black) needs to "pulse the disarm wire of the vehicle's factory anti-theft device" but the DIRECTWIRE WIRING INFORMATION -SATURN / VUE / 2004 / Remote Start sheet says the factory alarm disarm is activated by factory remote only. If this is so... what do I do with the "(-) Factory Disarm Output" wire?
Kev.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
Nothing....the factory alarm shuts off on its own when you remote start the car.
Also, if you don't lock the car with the factory remote then the factory alarm will never be armed.
Kev. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm...what would I be losing out on by not carying the factory remote around with me? I don't want to have to carry two remotes for it all to work properly! As far as I can tell, I won't miss out on anything. The 554R should do everything the factory alarm done and more, right!?
Kev.
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic