icon

soundstream audio?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hightek 
Copper - Posts: 223
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
has anyone ever heard of soundstream audio products??? i just came across their site, www.soundstream.com. they looked alright, but i didn't know. just wanted to get your opinions.
Split 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  

Soundstream old products are like PPi and Orion.

For now,i don't test or worked with the newer products they have.

Sebastian018 
Silver - Posts: 364
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
I own a Soundstream Amp for my mids and highs (new model) and some 6.5 3 way speakers tarantula models, i really like them, they sound really good and clean, some please says soundstream is notthe same as the Old school soundstram, .... my opinion, i really like them ( also the way the speaker looks is awesome, with a spider on top, looks really nice....)
hightek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  

in comparisson to a Hifonics amp what would you all say??? or is that like comparing a honda and a ferrari?

i'm looking for a good sub to push a 12" adire audio brahma

heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  
Post the model for a definite opinion.
chucksnee 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
Depends on which ones? the old school amps are very mean and will do the job, they are under rated big time.
For the new stuff i heard they are kinda crappy?
Old stuff Rocks!!
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
lets just say, had i gone with another amp, over my Tarantula TR800/5 i would have not been as happy as i have been with this amp.
if your hesitant about using soundstream to power anything, dont be, if soundstream is 'not as good as they used to be' then i'd be very curious to see how good they really were, cus i've been a very satisfied Soundstream customer.
there are plenty of other great brands out there, but you cant go wrong with soundstream.
12-volt_guy 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
The older Soundstreams were killer amps.  They also had a line of pretty nice head units, but not sure if they still do.  I think Hitachi manufactured the head units.
bumpingjeep 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
newer stuff isn't as powerful as the old stuff...but is still damn good...as far as amps go they are focusing a little more on quality instead of power anymore...which don't get me wrong, neither was bad...but they just decided to sacrafice one a little for the other in their new line...still good amps though...as far as subs go...they actually went the opposite way focusing a little more on spl...had two twelve davincis...blew em...but loved em...got to twelve tarantulas...loved em...but still wasn't loud enough...got rid of them and settled for two twelve gti's
hightek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  

alright, so i need a good amp to power a 12" adire audio brahma sub. http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~acoustic/products/subwoofer_drivers/adire_brahma/. i thought that the rms wattage for this woofer was around 600 watts though (can anyone correct me).

these are the amps i was looking at.

soundstream: http://www.soundstream.com/sub/products_amps_tarantula.html

JBL: http://www.jbl.com/car/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=GTO601.1&ser=GTS&cat=AMP

hifonics (either the bx 1500d or the bx 1000d): http://www.maxxsonics.com/hifonics/ampsnew_brutusSpecs.html

can you all help me out here. thanx

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic